Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ

Go down 
+2
frank
Unforgiven Pretender
6 posters
AuthorMessage

YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty
PostSubject: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 02:51

Welcome to the YVD FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). This FAQ is here to clear up any issues any of you have. If you can't find your issue, post it and I'll add it to the thread! Now let's get started.

1. Where do I download YVD? Is it compatible with my computer?
2. What is a "Username"? How can I get one?
3. Every time I try to connect to my opponent during a server duel, it says that I'm connecting to myself! What's wrong?
4. What are the shortcut keys on YVD?
5. How to I add/subtract lifepoints easily?
6. My background is dull. Can I change it? How?
7. How do you set up a duel on a server or through IP addresses?
8. Neither my opponent nor I can host a duel on server or through IP! How do we duel with YVD?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where do I download YVD? Is it compatible with my computer?

YVD can be downloaded from HERE. However, YVD is NOT compatible with Macintosh or Linux Operating Systems
Note: You can also download the card images by scrolling all the way down. However, it's missing MANY images, including Crimson Crisis and Raging Battle booster packs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is a "Username"? How can I get one?

Usernames on YVD are the name you use to duel through Server Duels. You can register your own Username by selecting "Duel" from the Deck Maker, then clicking connect. From there, select Server duel (Host or client, it doesn't matter RIGHT NOW) and when the box comes up, put in your desired Username and password, then click verify. Now you have a username for server dueling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every time I try to connect to my opponent during a server duel, it says that I'm connecting to myself! What's wrong?

You may be inputting your opponent's username wrong. If you put in a username that hasn't been registered yet, it automatically connects you to yourself. Check with your opponent to make sure you're putting in the right name!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are the shortcut keys on YVD?

The most common shortcut keys are:
Ctrl + D Draw
Ctrl + S Shuffle
Ctrl + R Roll a die
Ctrl + W Draw and Show card
Ctrl + T Discard the Top Card of your deck
Ctrl + E End your turn
Ctrl + K Search your Deck
Ctrl + U Search your Extra Deck
Ctrl + G Search your Graveyard
Ctrl + I Search your RFG (Removed From Game)

Other actions that don't have a shortcut:
Looking/Showing the top card of your deck - Gameplay -> Decks Gameplay -> View Top Card/Show Top Card

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to I add/subtract lifepoints easily?

To Subtract Lifepoints easily, type /sub (LP Amount) (For example, if you wanted to subtract 900 Life points, you would type /sub 900)

To Add is the same thing, except that you put /add (LP Amount) instead. So to add 900 Lifepoints, you would put /add 900

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My background is dull. Can I change it? How?

Yes, of course! Before you connect to an opponent, on the dueling screen, go to File -> Settings. There should be a Background Img option, and a computer file path. Select the image you want to use instead from your computer and Voila, a new image. However, this often isn't enough, since you need a certain format for the dueling spots to make sense. I would suggest downloading an image from Adragonstear's thread, or requesting one HERE![/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. How do you set up a duel on a server or through IP addresses?

To set up a duel with a server:
Decide who's going to Host and who will be the Client. Typically the person with the better connection will want to be the host, but it doesn't really matter. This of course comes with a few exceptions. (Don't forget to tell each other your usernames, you'll need them to connect through the server!)
Next, go to 'Connect' on the side of the dueling screen and select Server Duel - (Whatever you decided YOU would be) a screen should pop up. Look familiar? It's the one you used to make a username. Put in the username and password that you made, then click Verify.
Now, on the box under Server Duel, put in your opponent's Username and click Connect. Now you'll wait until your opponent does the same. When it says "Handshake Accepted!" in your chat box, you know you're connected!

To set up a duel with an IP Address:
First, decide who will Listen and who will connect.
+If YOU are listening, click Listen on the side of the dueling screen (next to Connect). Under it should appear your IP Address. Give this to your opponent. When they connect to you, you'll see "Handshake Accepted" in your chat screen, and you can duel from there.
+If YOU are connecting, click Connect on the side of the dueling screen (as if you were going to Server Duel) but LEAVE IT ON NORMAL DUEL. In the box under it, put in your opponent's IP and click connect. You should see "Handshake Accepted" in your chat box. From there you can duel!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. Neither my opponent nor I can host a duel on server or through IP! How do we duel with YVD?

Try Hamachi! It's a program that sets up a network between people. It's fully explained HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Magdalena on 2009-07-15, 03:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 03:35

This an academy that works with KCVDS...
Not everyone is willing to pay for the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 03:42

YVD is free? so why would you have to pay?

Last edited by Magdalena on 2009-07-15, 03:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 03:46

Oh.. okay, sorry.
I thought you ment YuGiOh Online (Or whatever it's called)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 03:48

I guess that is why you would click the link/read first before assuming because we all know what happens if you assume something. Razz
Back to top Go down
frank
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
frank

Male

Number of posts : 39

Miscellaneous
DC: 2575

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 04:49

we are playing with KCVDS if you don't agree with that don't come in LDA Mad
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Number of posts : 29

Miscellaneous
DC: 10

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 06:01

frank wrote:
we are playing with KCVDS if you don't agree with that don't come in LDA Mad
I'd report that, but don't want the credits.

The OP may have been slightly blunt (and the second topic wasn't needed) but I doubt there's a reason to not play YVD or call this a "KCVDS Academy". I know people here that play the TCG, or other Yugioh games than KCVDS.

So, OP: delete the other topic, and try to actually convince someone to play/test in YVD (yes, "get people that can test with yvd...." won't suffice).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 10:06

I was just thinking as yvd as another option for people to duel. Not like i'm saying "Use YVD now or im gona kill you all and leave" It is just a suggetion to use don't know why you people are so against it though. I know this place is for KCVDS or what ever its called but it dont hurt to try new things.

I've played on DCVDS and DMU and both seem inferiror to YVD. With yvd you can build decks faster and connect easier and duels go smoothly and are user friendly. And seeming how rude everybody has been just towards a suggetion I dont think I really want to be a part of a school with rude people.
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Number of posts : 29

Miscellaneous
DC: 10

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 10:18

Magdalena wrote:
I was just thinking as yvd as another option for people to duel. Not like i'm saying "Use YVD now or im gona kill you all and leave" It is just a suggetion to use don't know why you people are so against it though. I know this place is for KCVDS or what ever its called but it dont hurt to try new things.

I've played on DCVDS and DMU and both seem inferiror to YVD. With yvd you can build decks faster and connect easier and duels go smoothly and are user friendly. And seeming how rude everybody has been just towards a suggetion I dont think I really want to be a part of a school with rude people.
I agree with all these... It's true that many people are strictly against YVD for some reason (don't ask me...). I think I wasn't rude, I'm trying to point out what I think other people wanted to say (and failed at), and that you too assumed everyone would play YVD, and the forum for some reason avoided it. It's not like that.

Ofc YVD would prove very useful, but we can't exactly force the testers (or anyone) to use it. For that, we should wait for an admin to sign in and see their view (I believe the majority will be ok with YVD btw).
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-15, 10:46

You wanna play, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-17, 02:59

Uh.. Originally when this academy started, this academy was okay with all systems: KCVDS, DMU, YVD. It's just KCVDS was the "generally preferred" system. It's just when people like that Polk guy and stuff started coming trying to say it was the best that made everyone start hating YVD. I personally think it's up to the duelist on what he wants to use. He just needs to have KCVDS if he wants to join tournaments and stuff. If YVD is still fine with Ace I think this should be moved to the support section and stickied.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-17, 11:51

Moved.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Online
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Kimo Online

Male

Number of posts : 284

Miscellaneous
DC: 865

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty2009-07-17, 14:42

i'm okay with any game as long it's online
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ   YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

YVD Yugioh Virtual Dueling FAQ
Page 1 of 1