Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental

Go down 
+4
Chaz
Marik Ishtar
LDA Joey Wheeler
Above the Creed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Above the Creed
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Above the Creed

Male

Number of posts : 18

Miscellaneous
DC: 300

Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty
PostSubject: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 00:24

Hi everyone,
Chaz and I have a Ventrilo server that we would like to rent out to all of you.

A Ventrilo server allows people to talk to each other over internet connection using microphones and headsets, this can make it a lot faster and easier to communicate with the person you're dueling with.

All you need is a headset or microphone and the Ventrilo program which can be downloaded
here. This program is very easy to use.
We will give you instructions on how to use it once you decide rent it.

The first week of the shop opening will be free in order to give everyone a chance to try it out and see what it's like. After this first week, we'll put a password on it and start renting it out.

Single Duel: 10 DC
Match: 20 DC
Full Day: 60 DC
Prices can change for basically any reason xD

The DC will be split between me and Chaz.

Thanks guys, if you have any questions just ask.
Feel free to PM me or Chaz if you have any questions that shouldn't be asked on the thread.
Back to top Go down
LDA Joey Wheeler
Joey Wheeler/Battle City Duelist
LDA Joey Wheeler

Male

Number of posts : 315

Miscellaneous
DC: 1328

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 00:36

DID U MAKE THE PROGRAM?
Back to top Go down
Above the Creed
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Above the Creed

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 00:42

Nope, I did not not make the program. The client-side of ventrilo is free to download, however, we are hosting the server.
Back to top Go down
LDA Joey Wheeler
LDA Joey Wheeler

Male

Number of posts : 315

Miscellaneous
DC: 1328

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 01:19

so y would ppl buy from u if they make there own server
Back to top Go down
Marik Ishtar
Blackwing
Blackwing
Marik Ishtar

Male

Number of posts : 305

Miscellaneous
DC: 1200

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 01:39

Lol hmmm Joey kinda does have a point.

XD

-Marik Ishtar
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Number of posts : 91

Miscellaneous
DC: 1875

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 01:40

because to make a vent server you actually have to pay. so creed and i bought one and letting you guys use it for DC

having the ability to use the software is free that's what creed was trying to say
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/shikamaru1492
Marik Ishtar
Blackwing
Blackwing
Marik Ishtar

Male

Number of posts : 305

Miscellaneous
DC: 1200

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 01:47

Oh, that is very cool Very Happy. Good idea Chaz and Above Very Happy

- Marik ishtar
Back to top Go down
MasterGouken
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
MasterGouken

Male

Number of posts : 208

Miscellaneous
DC: 325

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 01:51

first off... how many people can be on this chat server at once... and rentin it??? do a lease... a certain amount per week instead of a day.....make it like 70 per week.. some people dont duel at all and would want to be on there... so what then???

The Fat Man
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 02:04

Our server hold 10 people at the same time; anything more then that and it will kick the people off in the order that they logged on. And we did think about making a weekly or even monthly plan but that would interfere with the users that chose to buy a match/duel/day pass (a day pass itself was kind of pushing it) because if just a few people could get on whenever they wanted for a month/week the chances are that we'd frequently go over the 10 person limit and people that pay DC would be automatically booted (we don't want that btw bad for a business lol) and why would you be on a server that was made to talk during duels if you don't duel? that's just silly.

but hey thanks for the questions. i hope it cleared up some question on how this whole thing works
Back to top Go down
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 02:35

Chaz wrote:
because to make a vent server you actually have to pay. so creed and i bought one and letting you guys use it for DC

having the ability to use the software is free that's what creed was trying to say

omg your paying for it? you should charge more dc Razz (jking Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 02:46

ok new rate just for daytime(999999 DC) and then after you do that you can pay us some real money for the vent server. JK but no i think the prices are pretty fair
Back to top Go down
MasterGouken
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
MasterGouken

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 19:09

so there is no way to support more users on it Question hm... i will have to decide if i will do this..
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 21:08

no there is a way to get about as many people as you want on there but it would cost more money for me and creed to get a server that will hold that many. actually i have one that im using right now that holds a few more people but it's not mine. i could brorrow it for some extra room tho
Back to top Go down
MasterGouken
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
MasterGouken

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 21:38

hm.... i dont know about this... i am going to look around a bit..
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-13, 22:07

why about it do you feel iffy about if you don't mine that i ask
Back to top Go down
MasterGouken
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
MasterGouken

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-14, 20:19

it is just i wish there is a way that we can do this without having to make people pay and have a lot more people on... a whole LDA wide voice chat system.
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-15, 22:28

well i just got a server that will let me hold a bunch more people. it's not split up into duel rooms or anything but you guys can use that one as much as you'd like for free. how's that?
Back to top Go down
MasterGouken
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
MasterGouken

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-15, 23:22

nice.... thnx ma
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-15, 23:27

anyone that wants to go on the public vent server to just talk or whatever just pm me and i'll tell you how to
Back to top Go down
Devilman501
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Devilman501

Male

Number of posts : 128

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-17, 23:57

Just popping by to say that making your own Ventrilo server is COMPLETELY free.
Back to top Go down
http://scholarsacademy.forumotion.com/index.htm
Above the Creed
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Above the Creed

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-19, 13:05

Yeah, you can download the server-side version of Ventrilo, for free. But good luck opening up the right ports on your network. Oh, and you'll have terrible voice quality, terrible ping, and you won't be able to hold a good number of people on your server before it starts lagging so bad that you cant hear anyone talk. Unless you have a T1 connection and know how to port forward, you won't be able to run a decent server for free. Thats why we pay for one.
Back to top Go down
Devilman501
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Devilman501

Male

Number of posts : 128

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-23, 14:06

Porting Forward is simple. Hell, you can google search it, and the quality isn't banned unless your internet connection a box of waffles.

It works perfectly fine and costs no money at all.
Back to top Go down
http://scholarsacademy.forumotion.com/index.htm
Above the Creed
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Above the Creed

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-07-24, 12:05

Server side edition is limited to I think 11hz at the start, which makes you sound like a robot lol. Also, everyone else's ping will rise the more people that get on. Its cleaner, more reliable, and sounds better to have a site host it for us.
Back to top Go down
Zaithain
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Zaithain

Male

Number of posts : 15

Miscellaneous
DC: 175

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2009-09-25, 01:13

You guys could all just use msn or xfire to talk to eachother in a chat. They both alow voice. There is also a tone of free vent servers to go on and just chat. They are usually pretty stuffed but they are there.
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty2010-02-13, 23:23

um x-fire quality=poop but you're right, it's definitely free. not many people use this during the school months tho so like im not too concerned about it at all anymore lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental   Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaz and Creed's Voice Chat Rental
Page 1 of 1