Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Spam?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 12:34

I copied this from BC, peopole who are new on forums should be reading this, I hope and admin can stiky this topic.
BC Staff wrote:

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT UNDERSTAND,
SPAM stands for: Stupid, Pointless and Annoying Messages (or for: "Something Posing As Meat", but that's beside the point).

What constitutes or defines SPAM? Here's a helpful definition:

1) Freakishly short Posts : Stuff like "Yes", "Okay", "I don't know", "We know that", etc. If you don't have anything to say in a topic, don't do so. If someone asks a question, for cryin' out loud, DON'T say you don't know the answer! If you don't have anything important to say - don't say it.

2) Pointless Posts : Posts that have NOTHING to do with the topic. At all. If the conversation sways off topic, that's one thing. If it's just starting a whole new topic with no connection to last one, start a new freakin' thread, or keep it to yourself. And keep topics where they belong. Do no post in the wrong section, if you are not sure, then better ask someone via PM.

I just want to add that when a member explains to someone their topic is spam (example someone starts a topic called "what's your favoryte music" and annother member says: "this is spam because there's already a topic like this one".) The person who explains why the topic is spam is not talking on topic, however he/she is not spamming.

now let's continue with the definition

BC Staff wrote:
3) Return Appearances: Aka "Didn't I just see that one a few pages ago?" Please, people, do yourselves a favor and check if there isn't a thread having to do with what you're about to post. If you're asking a question, see no one asked it before you and you're missing out on an answer. And If you start a thread just to say or to ask something that was posted before, thats also treated as SPAM.

4) Conversational Posts : These are akin to a guy talking loudly on his cell phone during a club meeting. You're here to discuss topics with all the members of the board. If you want to talk to someone in specific - USE PRIVATE MESSAGES. Or Email. Or AIM. Or ICQ. Or any other freakin' IM program. Don't waste space on the board.

5) Double Posting : When you state your opinion let somone else post! It Is very Annoying when ppl. double post so please just don't do it.

6)If you post in an outdated topic which is on page 3 or so, then it is necroposting, therefore it is called spam. An example to this one would be posting in a topic which was created for a current event by the time it was posted or posting in a topic which had its last posts posted a few months ago. Sure you will find such topics on page 5 or so and posting in them would be pointless as their subjects are out of date.

If a topic has a subject in general, it is nothing to be outdated in other words. Like, "what is your favourite music", etc... Such topics can't/won't be out of date just because some new topics were created after them.

Therefore, if we already have a topic about a subject, it is ok to post there even if that topic is on page 10. That's why we have the pages in a section. Otherwise, we should create a new topic whenever ours gets placed on page 2. That way, either we should keep only page 1 - deleting the other pages - or we will lose control over spam as the pages would go up to 100 in no time...

Edit by Grace: The blue was hard to read. Smile

Last edited by aj6666 on 2009-07-29, 20:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 12:43

also this is not BC so lets get that fact straight Twisted Evil and telling somebody that they spam is spam Wink b/c you could pm them and say hey thats just spam to let you know. instead of flaming that is spam b/c i say so. Wink

Also did i mention this is not BC? so spam rules will differ to the admins of this site from theirs. bounce

Thanks for the info though good thing im not apart of that site b/c my ontopic post would be on topic and not off topic Owait scratch

Quote :
one after another, as the last person who posted in it, then this is also spamming.

this is called being active not spamming.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 12:52

Actualy we do that for two reasons:

1) The topic has no reason to exist and we just explain why.

2) We could just delete the topic and PM annother person, but if we do so, other members could not see it so they wouldn't know and they would do it again and again.

Sorry but if you say it's spam then you are saying all the mod/admins from here and many other active forums are spammers.

I know this is not BC, so what? spam is spam on every forum.

Magdalena wrote:
Citación:
one after another, as the last person who posted in it, then this is also spamming.

this is called being active not spamming

I didn't wrote this, but I think that's right, I'll remove it.
Back to top Go down

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 12:57

Quote :
We could just delete

your not mod so you can't delete and its not your job to tell people they are spamming but the mods. Im not saying the mods are spamming when they warn but you are since you are not a mod there for it is spam.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 13:01

Comeon, stop the fight you two.

@ Magdalena, you don't have to see every post as an attack at you, this is just a topic that explains what 'spam' means.

@ aj, nice topic, but to be honest; if you think Magdalena is spamming, just report it and say nothing. (Well you could offcourse say something about it one time, but a further discussion is pointless)

Now, for the ontopic part:

This is a nice list that really shows what spamming is, I didn't know that s,p,a and m represent a bigger something.

(No, this is no backseatmodding, I'm just a bit annoyed by this pointless fight between them)
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-15, 14:59

Mag, this academy would not exist of BC didn't exist, and if you have an account on KCVDS then you have an account on there, that forum has over 70,000 members and runs quite smoothly, and we base a lot of our rules off their to make sure this academy runs smoothly as well. Smile

So, do not argue through posts, and if it is okay if a member tells that your post is spam, but if every member does then they are spamming themselves, so please stop saying it's spam, when you yourself are spamming by saying that they're spamming that you're spamming. Okay?

Anyways, I'll Sticky this, everyone should know what spam is. Smile

Also:

- I am really tired of seeing one word posts from members, like, "good", "cool", or, "whatever", it's really annoying, and you can get a warning from it.

- The double and triple posting better stop soon, it doesn't matter if you are doing it in your own shop, like saying, "is anyone else gonna buy anything?", etc. You may own the shop, but remember who runs this forum. (You're allowed to do it in your dorms).

- No more arguing through the forum, period. It's just annoying, PM, don't post.

That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty2009-07-17, 02:39

Hm. Looks like we lost Ace's main concept for this academy. Looks like we're running this Grace's way now. Well, also, not sure if I read this up there, but you should add writing the exact same thing in every topic in the section. Like no copy+pasting the same thing. Well, I guess this would belong with the make sure your post is relevant to the topic under discussion, but all the same.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is Spam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Spam?   What is Spam? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is Spam?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Duel Academy :: Rules & Important Subjects :: LDA Support-
Jump to:  
Poll
What do you think of this Christmas/Holiday theme change idea?
I think it's a fantastic idea and we should do it!
What is Spam? I_vote_lcap59%What is Spam? I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Eh... it's okay, but I don't really care.
What is Spam? I_vote_lcap32%What is Spam? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
I don't really like it.
What is Spam? I_vote_lcap9%What is Spam? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar