Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ElenFNX
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
ElenFNX

Female

Number of posts : 647

Miscellaneous
DC: 550

A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty
PostSubject: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty2009-08-15, 07:41

If i activate Solemn Judgment, and my opponent negate it, does i still pay the cost? And can i negate effect of a monster with Solemn Judgment? I know that are stupid questions, but i'm not 100% shure for the answer...
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

PostSubject: Re: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty2009-08-15, 07:55

ElenFNX wrote:
If i activate Solemn Judgment, and my opponent negate it, does i still pay the cost? And can i negate effect of a monster with Solemn Judgment? I know that are stupid questions, but i'm not 100% shure for the answer...

1st: No,you don't pay the cost of Solemn if it's negated.Because if anyone uses Dark Bribe on Solemn,his effect is Negated,this means it will not activate.

2nd: No,you can't negate the effect of a monster.The card's effect says only "Spell,Trap" and "Summoned Monster".But if in case you summon a monarch,or Jinzo and others,and the opponent activated Solemn Judgement,the monster's effect isn't activated,because in this case,the monster don't touch the field.

Additional:

It's strange,but with Solemn you can negate even Jinzo,when it's summoned.

Hope i helped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
Battosai
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Battosai

Male

Number of posts : 51

Miscellaneous
DC: 1576

PostSubject: Re: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty2009-08-15, 08:10

Yes you do pay the cost of Solemn Judgement if it's negated.
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Number of posts : 29

Miscellaneous
DC: 10

PostSubject: Re: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty2009-08-15, 12:24

You indeed lose the LPs. Paying half of your Life Points is a cost to activate Solemn Judgment, not part of the effect. You can check the rulebook and you'll see that costs aren't refunded when their card is negated.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty2009-08-15, 12:24

Battosai is correct, even if Solemn Judgment is negated, you still have to pay half your LP because it is a cost just like how you activate Lightning Vortex, even if it is negated you must still discard a card first. Smile

Nope, SJ can't negate effects.

Since these questions have been answered...

-Closed-

Oh, and there are no stupid questions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment   A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment Empty

Back to top Go down

A stupid questions about Solemn Judgment
Page 1 of 1