Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think of LDA?

Go down 
+16
DayTime
Arlin
Johan
rocboyz54
TheAlmightyDon
CatGirl
Aster Phoenix
mortalx900
aj6666
adragnstear
RYU888
Grace
Itachi The Prodigy
Aman159
JadenYuki1
Ace
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

What do you think of LDA? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 20:40

Eh opened this topic to see what you guyz and girlz think of LDA.

Feel free to say that this is an utter failure and I suck at life and I should quit right now, but give a reason why Razz

LDA's something I keep dear to me, so give a comment Smile
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
JadenYuki1

JadenYuki1

Female

Number of posts : 293

Miscellaneous
DC: 2750

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 20:43

I think the girls are amazing, but the academy needs less spam. :p
Back to top Go down
Aman159
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Aman159

Male

Number of posts : 55

Miscellaneous
DC: 75

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 20:52

Well I think the academy is awesome Very Happy I have fun here and this is the only academy that I am actually kind of active on
Back to top Go down
Itachi The Prodigy
Legend
Legend
Itachi The Prodigy

Male

Number of posts : 290

Miscellaneous
DC: 10229

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 21:11

Its Nice Asif Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.inthemakinglol.com
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 21:14

At first LDA was a itty bitty academy that I was very active on, and it was a lot more unorganized than it is today. Very Happy

Actually, I think LDA doesn't have much spam at all, the game topics are pretty inactive, and most other academies do have games that are active, so what's the spam again?

I've heard from a lot of people that it's a lot easier to find your way around here, and the we're all like one big happy family here. ^.^

It's even more amazing that LDA has got as many members as some of the biggest academies in a few months that others took a year to get, we rock. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RYU888
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
RYU888

Male

Number of posts : 104

Miscellaneous
DC: 50

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-20, 21:28

This place is active and has member interaction which is why i joined. Some of the acadimies i checked out hadn't had a single member even log in for about two weeks.
Back to top Go down
adragnstear
adragnstear

Male

Number of posts : 103

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-21, 01:32

Activity
9/10

When it comes to activity this place wins.

Organization
6/10

It has gotten better since I joined I would have hated to see it when it was really bad. It is gett better.

Members

8/10

Alot of members most active. proaby the most members i've seen on a YGO forum.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-21, 08:45

As one of the first members, I can say I've seen LDA grow a lot, at the begining, it was just a game forum, more than 50% of the posts where in the games section, but that changed as we got more members and we where forced to close them.

Now I think it's impressive that in just 6 mounts, we got so many members as today, I don't think LDA is going to die soon, as it is going now, it could last one more year, I can even say that LDA will soon beacome, if it isn't yet, the best duel academy.

Many people say LDA is a "Spam City" I don't think so, maybe it was when it depended on the games, but not anymore, sure some members spam, but there's nothing we can do about it exept deleting it, even members spam on BC, it happens on every forum.
Back to top Go down
mortalx900
Espada 4
Espada 4
mortalx900

Male

Number of posts : 2807

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-21, 09:02

Well I think the academy is very good
this academy is very active
and this academy has very a lot of menber
when i join they were just a few members.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-21, 22:56

Kay let me post before Kyosuke starts flaming. xP

Anyways, first of all, I think this academy has improved A LOT. In the beginning, it was a little spamish(I admit I did the game forum quite a bit, but...[thinks of excuse] GRACE DID TOO! xP) Yeah it was fun back then, but now LDA is more of a dueling academy than it used to be. People are pretty active here, and it's a fun place, while it can also be fun at times, unlike most other academies.

One thing I have to point out is that the academy site is very appealing to me and seems very organized to me. Most of the academies around today have HORRIBLE skins, and gives a very bad first impression, just my personal opinions. This is a darkish skin, but isn't too dark, and doesn't look really bad.

What else.. what else.. Ah! Also, there are many talented people here, and not only in dueling(mainly, but not only), there are also very talented GFX members.

A few things could still be improved, but it's mostly organization. An example would include the LDA Main Shop. I think it's a bit too unorganized and messed up. There's just random shops EVERYWHERE, and people can't exactly get to what they need very easily. I know Grace had tried to fix this up a bit ago, but it wasn't that successful, due to people being stubborn. Here are a few things I think might help:

1.Close inactive shops + Send them to the archives(Only admins/mods can
do) I've started cleaning up the forum a while ago, with old suggestions and old topics in certain sections including shops, but decided old suggestions shouldn't ALL be wiped. The closed shops should definitely be sent to archives

2. Test certain members, and only accept 2-3 of the best members to keep their shops. This would definitely take some shops down and make it easier to navigate there.

3. Make sub sections with in the LDA Main Shop such as "Deck Shops!" "Signature Shops!" etc.

And whatever else that works.

I'm sort of dueling now, and all this homework now that school's started has thrown me off a lot, so I don't have a lot more right now. I'll edit this post if I think of more. Overall, I think the site's great, but could still use some improvements. Here are some areas.

Activity(Includes member activity, and forum activity): 9.5/10
Yup, our academy definitely hits it here.

Organization: 8/10
Can use improvement as described above

Dueling skills: 8.5/10
Our highest are definitely great, but we should help the ones that are still learning.

Likeliness of making one year with this academy: 10/10 in my opinion. I really believe this academy will have a very bright future, and will do well.

And I'm not sure if there's anything else I should add atm

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
CatGirl
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
CatGirl

Female

Number of posts : 174

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-22, 06:17

Well, I like LDA because:

1) Friendly and easy-to-talk-to nice members. bounce

2) The awesome neatness and well-organized site (Yep Aster, a good looking LDA site makes a very good impression, which might be the reason I come to LDA all the time Very Happy).

3) Posting videos I really like to share with you guys that I know it'll spark some interest.Idea

4) The PM system (How cool to see who else just sent you a PM just now as you're looking around!! Very Happy)

5) I notice not a lot of spamming (Course admins/mods are trying very hard to prevent it as much as they can) since I joined.

6) Yes, when I first joined the academy, I realized that it's new members are coming along to liking this academy more and more and I watched it still growing. It's been some time and now has more than... 250 people? Question

7) Some topics I would/will post a lot-- Deck Dome, Videos, Off-Topic, and Intros.

And Ace, I think you did a great job with this academy. And with some help/support, none of this would be possible. Seriously! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm
TheAlmightyDon
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Number of posts : 32

Miscellaneous
DC: 325

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-08-22, 13:40

My second day here and so far it's been ace *no pun intended* ^^

It's much more active then the last academy i was in which is always a good thing, GJ ace ;D
Back to top Go down
rocboyz54
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
rocboyz54

Male

Number of posts : 29

Miscellaneous
DC: 50

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-09-04, 01:45

CatGirl wrote:

2) The awesome neatness and well-organized site (Yep Aster, a good looking LDA site makes a very good impression, which might be the reason I come to LDA all the time Very Happy).

3) Posting videos I really like to share with you guys that I know it'll spark some interest.Idea

4) The PM system (How cool to see who else just sent you a PM just now as you're looking around!! Very Happy)

5) I notice not a lot of spamming (Course admins/mods are trying very hard to prevent it as much as they can) since I joined.

6) Yes, when I first joined the academy, I realized that it's new members are coming along to liking this academy more and more and I watched it still growing. It's been some time and now has more than... 250 people? Question

7) Some topics I would/will post a lot-- Deck Dome, Videos, Off-Topic, and Intros.

And Ace, I think you did a great job with this academy. And with some help/support, none of this would be possible. Seriously! Smile
basically every thing catgirl said
Back to top Go down
CatGirl
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
CatGirl

Female

Number of posts : 174

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-09-04, 02:44

Spoke for every1 who thinks almost the same way. lol
Btw, thanks rocboyz54. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Johan
Administrator
Administrator
Johan

Female

Number of posts : 212

Miscellaneous
DC: 500

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-09-04, 07:17

this academy sucks. luvuthxbai.
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-09-04, 08:40

Johan wrote:
this academy sucks. luvuthxbai.

._." Err...lol

CatGirl wrote:

Right,agree with everything.

Now LDA Is like my Family ._. (Strange o.o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-09-04, 13:17

Ace wrote:
Eh opened this topic to see what you guyz and girlz think of LDA.

Feel free to say that this is an utter failure and I suck at life and I should quit right now, but give a reason why Razz

LDA's something I keep dear to me, so give a comment Smile

Completely Off Topic: Isn't it guyz and galz? because boy/girl guy/gal etc.
lol Smile just wondering x3

ANYWAYS: I like err o.o cough* the nice active people .... the cool layout of the forums ... and a whole bunch of other cool stuffs xD

@Arlin .. lda isn't much like a family to me Razz ... just a bunch of people who chose to come together in order to share their interest/etc and stuffs Very Happy (-.- i have no idea what i'm talking about lolllzzz Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Number of posts : 194

Miscellaneous
DC: 725

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-10-01, 20:49

I enjoy this academy alot, It is my first academy, but I have looked at others.. This academy looks the nicest in my honest opinion. The skin is perfect, the banners are top quality, and there are (as aster said) very talented GFX people here. With the shops they open everyone in the forum has nice avatars and signatures that can be relatively easy to obtain (I have been very impressed with Mortal's and Jack Atlas' recent work Very Happy).

Another reason I enjoy this academy (again reiteration) is that the people here are nice and easygoing. The admins and mods here are not the doom bringing, ban wielding ones I have met in other forums. I can post a question, and instead of flame or general "You dont know that? lololololol" I get actual answers that explain things clearly to me.

One thing that made me quit yugioh was the general douchbaginess of all the players I met, and actually meeting a nice community was a pleasant and nice surprise. I feel I can actually learn alot in this academy about dueling due to this.

Now, I do have my complaints.
I find it to be a little hard to find people to duel, while I have gotten better at it, its still a little difficult sometimes. Some people make a room and then never log in again, so trying the more recent rooms sometimes just does not work.

I wish there was more things about the technical side of yugioh. The article section is nice, but overall too small. I will probably write a couple of articles, once I find a subject that I know enough about (Im probably just being pessimistic about my knowledge of yugioh Hmm). I would like to see more people write articles there. It really does help the newer players if they were to go into the article section and see tons of info and helpful starting tips.

People keep referring to spam, but I dont really see much spam. Unless you count the off-topic section. I enjoy posting in these topics, just having general conversation, so please never remove them. :p

Ace, you have made a great academy and it is definitely one of the better ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Duelingk101
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-10-01, 21:01

I enjoy LDA very much.

Although I do think there are far too many sub forums, 37 by my count.
Back to top Go down
Kira Yamato
Zoid/Gundam Pilot
Zoid/Gundam Pilot
Kira Yamato

Male

Number of posts : 130

Miscellaneous
DC: 1025

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-10-01, 23:10

I love this academy the best by far Very Happy. It's just fun to be active here Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Jinzo
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Jinzo

Male

Number of posts : 56

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty2009-10-11, 18:12

This academy is the only 1 i know of, and its the best.Everything is very well organize, and it has the most people joined ive every seen on any site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of LDA?   What do you think of LDA? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of LDA?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Duel Academy :: Rules & Important Subjects :: Site Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Poll
What do you think of this Christmas/Holiday theme change idea?
I think it's a fantastic idea and we should do it!
What do you think of LDA? I_vote_lcap59%What do you think of LDA? I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Eh... it's okay, but I don't really care.
What do you think of LDA? I_vote_lcap32%What do you think of LDA? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
I don't really like it.
What do you think of LDA? I_vote_lcap9%What do you think of LDA? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar