Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negate Effects

Go down 
+2
aj6666
Sephiroth in HD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth in HD
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Sephiroth in HD

Male

Number of posts : 48

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-13, 22:13

Is there Effect Monster that negates my opponents Monster Effects similar to Jinzo's negate trap effect but, it only negates my opponents effects?

Besides Doomcalibur Knight.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-13, 22:29

You can try angel 07 or light and darkness dragon, but I think what you are looking for is Destiny hero plasma that has the effect of negating the effect of all monsters your oponent controls.
Back to top Go down
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Number of posts : 194

Miscellaneous
DC: 725

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-13, 22:46

Wow that Destiny Hero is an expensive and hard card to play. Knowing Sephiroth I can pretty much say that card wont work out well for him. lol. LAD dragon is probably better off for him. Angel 07 looks very nice however, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Duelingk101
Johan
Administrator
Administrator
Johan

Female

Number of posts : 212

Miscellaneous
DC: 500

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 07:22

You can always use Scapegoat + Plasma. Just set Scapegoat and wait for the end of your opponent's turn, activate it, then at your turn, tribute 3 tokens, summon Plasma and the fun begins.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth in HD
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Sephiroth in HD

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 08:11

Johan wrote:
You can always use Scapegoat + Plasma. Just set Scapegoat and wait for the end of your opponent's turn, activate it, then at your turn, tribute 3 tokens, summon Plasma and the fun begins.

Yeah, that would be fun. Just one problem you can't tribute the goats.
Back to top Go down
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 09:05

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Scapegoat

Cannot be used for a Tribute summon. The destiny hero is special summoned by tributing them, which is allowed.
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 09:12

Duelingk wrote:

Cannot be used for a Tribute summon. The destiny hero is special summoned by tributing them, which is allowed.

err..i was about to say this ._.

But ya said it before me,so,yeah,it's right. Plasma is Special Summoned with them,not Tribute summoned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 09:26

lol, sorry to steal your thunder Arlin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth in HD
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Sephiroth in HD

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 10:09

Duelingk wrote:

Either way i'm not putting Scapegoats and DH - Plasma in my deck just for that i'll just side Pulling the Rug for Macro-Monarchs and other overused crap Meta-Decks.

Anyways, i'm going old school(The good Yu-Gi-Oh) by creating a Warrior Toolbox/Ratbox and a Dark Magician deck...

I cannot wait until Cyber Dragon isn't limited or semi-limited anymore. There was just no reason for it Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 10:19

I think ill make a normal macro mill deck or macro beatdown deck just to get you off my macro monarchs. I still do not think Macro Monarchs are that bad of a deck. Sure they have alot of potential to destroy cards, but the deck is not that fast. Its moderate at best. Also, everyone keeps saying its an overused meta deck I hardly see it anywhere. On pojo, this place, some other academies. Hardly see it.

As for the Cyber Dragon limit? Basically a free 2100 summon that can be used as tribute fodder really quickly? I can sort of see the reasons. In the advent of the 3 overused meta decks though, its not as bad anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth in HD
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Sephiroth in HD

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 10:21

Duelingk wrote:
I think ill make a normal macro mill deck or macro beatdown deck just to get you off my macro monarchs. I still do not think Macro Monarchs are that bad of a deck. Sure they have alot of potential to destroy cards, but the deck is not that fast. Its moderate at best. Also, everyone keeps saying its an overused meta deck I hardly see it anywhere. On pojo, this place, some other academies. Hardly see it.

As for the Cyber Dragon limit? Basically a free 2100 summon that can be used as tribute fodder really quickly? I can sort of see the reasons. In the advent of the 3 overused meta decks though, its not as bad anymore.

First of all Cyber Dragon was first released back in 2005 - 2006 in the Cybernetic Revolution Booster Pack if they didnt touch it in the first 3 -4 years why now? Nobody complained about Cyber Dragon it wasnt used in any OTK's so a lot of people dont see a reason to even at to the list at all. Second of all Macro-Monarch is a powerful and fast paced deck with cards like Breaker, Mobius, Caius, and Raiza destroying the field then you have some decks using Legendary Jujitsu Master, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Compulsary Evac Device, and Grand Mole bouncing cards back to your hands and to the top of your deck leaving you drawing the same card over and over with no field to protect yourself then all of your cards are RFP so you can't MR, CotH, or PB them from the grave. I can go on all day but, i think you get the idea.

Last edited by Sephiroth in HD on 2009-09-14, 17:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duelingk
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Duelingk

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 11:22

The macro deck you are referring to is more of a Macro stun, not Macro Monarch. Grand mole and wind blast do not have much place in a macro monarch. It seems to me that you and several others are confusing different macro decks. I had someone reason that the enormous LP gain of a macro mill deck was one reason for the banning of macro monarch (soul absorption would never be in marco monarch).

Macro stun is alot like you describe macro monarch. Fast paced control deck. So your confusing macro monarch. Macro monarch, like i said, isnt as fast. Just has alot of counters and anti-meta features. Its popularity is only as a anti-meta deck. Monarchs usually only side juju to fight against the main meta decks. Also, another anti-meta thing. It does keep cards out of the GY. But any macro deck does that. lightsworn and blackwing are absolutely weak against macro in nature. Especially lightsworn. And if you and everyone else will complain and ban macro I might as well quit yugioh. They are my favorite decks.

The reason for banning cyber dragon is very similar to the reasoning behind why you hate pokemon. It was too dominate in the meta game. Nearly every deck packed 2 or 3. That and the reasons I stated before.

To finalize, it seems your biggest complaint is the macro stun variety, not the macro monarch variety. Macro monarch does not control the opponent as you have mentioned, it only counters.

And since this is turning into more of an argument and is definitely off topic, just pm me your reply. I suspect this topic will be closed very shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth in HD
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Sephiroth in HD

Male

Miscellaneous

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-14, 17:41

Duelingk wrote:
The macro deck you are referring to is more of a Macro stun, not Macro Monarch. Grand mole and wind blast do not have much place in a macro monarch. It seems to me that you and several others are confusing different macro decks. I had someone reason that the enormous LP gain of a macro mill deck was one reason for the banning of macro monarch (soul absorption would never be in marco monarch).

Macro stun is alot like you describe macro monarch. Fast paced control deck. So your confusing macro monarch. Macro monarch, like i said, isnt as fast. Just has alot of counters and anti-meta features. Its popularity is only as a anti-meta deck. Monarchs usually only side juju to fight against the main meta decks. Also, another anti-meta thing. It does keep cards out of the GY. But any macro deck does that. lightsworn and blackwing are absolutely weak against macro in nature. Especially lightsworn. And if you and everyone else will complain and ban macro I might as well quit yugioh. They are my favorite decks.

The reason for banning cyber dragon is very similar to the reasoning behind why you hate pokemon. It was too dominate in the meta game. Nearly every deck packed 2 or 3. That and the reasons I stated before.

To finalize, it seems your biggest complaint is the macro stun variety, not the macro monarch variety. Macro monarch does not control the opponent as you have mentioned, it only counters.

And since this is turning into more of an argument and is definitely off topic, just pm me your reply. I suspect this topic will be closed very shortly.

I knew i should have specified when i said "some decks".
I know Macro Stun and Macro Monarch Cards don't go together because i ran a Macro Stun but, when Raiza was removed from the limit list i stopped using it cause i would have been tempted to use 3 and that would be way too easy.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-16, 19:07

Plasma would be my suggestion for a monster, but Skill Drain can work as well ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Johan
Administrator
Administrator
Johan

Female

Number of posts : 212

Miscellaneous
DC: 500

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty2009-09-16, 23:36

Okay, sorry I didn't respond fast.

1) We activate Scapegoat at the opponent's turn. That's why we can tribute them. Simple as that. I already said that in my example.

2) You CAN special summon Plasma by tributing Scapegoat tokens because they are not tribute summoned but special summoned.

Alright, I'm pretty lazy to read all those stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Negate Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negate Effects   Negate Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Negate Effects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Duel Academy :: YGO TCG Information :: LDA Questions Room-
Jump to:  
Poll
What do you think of this Christmas/Holiday theme change idea?
I think it's a fantastic idea and we should do it!
Negate Effects I_vote_lcap59%Negate Effects I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Eh... it's okay, but I don't really care.
Negate Effects I_vote_lcap32%Negate Effects I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
I don't really like it.
Negate Effects I_vote_lcap9%Negate Effects I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar