Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUST READ: Testing New Method

Go down 
+6
Haroxx
Ligerkun11
DanceJonDance
aj6666
Maximillion Pegasus
Aster Phoenix
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty
PostSubject: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 16:44

Alright, look. I've noticed many of you are gaining wayy too much DC wayy too fast. Some of you get 1500+ a week. At first I thought it was the DC system being too high. Kikyo and I were in the process of making a new DC system, but then, I realized something. Maybe it wasn't the DC System. Maybe it was just the way I was cashing in the DC. Originally, if someone posted a victory "I won 2-1", I would give twice the amount one earns for defeating that rank for the winner, and for the one who was defeated, he would get DC for the one win too. I figured this might have been the reason, so for the next week or so, I'll be testing my new method. I'm going to just give points one time for the one who wins the match. And I'll test how this goes, and it may stay, may die. We'll see.

Update, Suggestion by aj6666: The person who loses in a match of 2-1 will still get points, but half of what he would have originally got.

That's it for now. May be updating this.

~Aster Phoenix

Last edited by Aster Phoenix on 2009-09-27, 03:36; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maximillion Pegasus
Creator of Duel Monsters
Creator of Duel Monsters
Maximillion Pegasus

Male

Number of posts : 1164

Miscellaneous
DC: 4105

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 16:54

Oh I see so win and get DC

Lose and go home and cry right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 17:37

Yeah. Basically. xD. Forgot to turn this to announcement. Sec

Done

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 17:46

this seems good to me, but what if someone wins a single duel? (1-0)
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 17:55

Then I'll still give the win to them. But if I see 3(1-0s) by the same person consecutively or in the same 5-10 mins against the same person, I'm going to calculate it for one win.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 20:34

I don't think wining a match should be awarded the same way as winning a duel, you should say only matches are awarded.
Back to top Go down
DanceJonDance
The Robot With Human Hair
The Robot With Human Hair
DanceJonDance

Male

Number of posts : 376

Miscellaneous
DC: 1513

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-01, 20:38

This is indeed fair, a match is considered best two out of three. It seemed a bit weird that losers also got like a consolation prize
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jon_wit_no_lyfe
Ligerkun11
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ligerkun11

Male

Number of posts : 78

Miscellaneous
DC: 2025

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 00:45

Aster Phoenix wrote:
Alright, look. I've noticed many of you are gaining wayy too much DC wayy too fast. Some of you get 1500+ a week. At first I thought it was the DC system being too high. Kikyo and I were in the process of making a new DC system, but then, I realized something. Maybe it wasn't the DC System. Maybe it was just the way I was cashing in the DC. Originally, if someone posted a victory "I won 2-1", I would give twice the amount one earns for defeating that rank for the winner, and for the one who was defeated, he would get DC for the one win too. I figured this might have been the reason, so for the next week or so, I'll be testing my new method. I'm going to just give points one time for the one who wins the match. And I'll test how this goes, and it may stay, may die. We'll see.

That's it for now. May be updating this.

~Aster Phoenix

DanceJonDance wrote:
This is indeed fair, a match is considered best two out of three. It seemed a bit weird that losers also got like a consolation prize

No this is not "fair"
a match of yugioh is 3 games in 1 match
under all sirconstances (and my spelling is retarded)
i do not agree with this statement. in all respect to aster
I believe that people should be AWARDED for their efforts
Like me- i dont win them all. i lost like 10 duels on LDA alone
but i believe that the members of LDA should be awarded for their wins
think about it like this

Slifer VS Obelisk
The slifer loses 2-1. but he tried his hardest and thats all that truly matters
and if he was preparing for a rematch or a duel he knew was gonna be tough
He would go all out and do wat comes naturally and- Have Fun
In my opinion this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard aster.
Even for u (yea that was a bad joke)
But watever you say.
Also if wat you are sayinig about getting much dc
i got 1000 dc in my first week and i dont think there is any bad thing about that
my retest is friday and i have been trying to earn my way up. then i noticed that i passed 600
But i was thinking "Great now all i need is 200 more and i'll be able to have another retake withouth doing some annoying duels"

Now sense i believe that people might "Debate" over this in a debate one must
Always present things from the other side of the argument

Aster's Side-
Yes people are earning much DC in a week as you say
But (going back to the Slife VS Obelisk)- if a slifer acually goes out
and defeats an obelisk i believe that since the slifer had gotten 1 win against an obelisk
i think that he/she should be rewarded.
Its like- the best duelist in the world vs some guy who just started a month ago
If the guy who just started wins 1 game against the champ, sponsors will OBVIOUSLY be there and watching at home on their tv's.
And if they see that the new guy wins. they will reward him with a sponsorship more than likely
so that he (but them as well) make more money.

PS i only replied to Jon's post b/c he linked me here after we dueled when i requested a 3 game match without the knowlege of this. and when he won 2-0 i said "ready for the 3rd game?
In thinking that i know more of his deck and could know wat to watchout for and wat to side.
but he said "You didnt see aster's new post" and thats it .-.

Ok that is all i have to say and i think this is retarded- yet i see where ur coming from
Back to top Go down
Haroxx
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Haroxx

Male

Number of posts : 114

Miscellaneous
DC: 88

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 02:32

yes i agree with her..ermmm are you a girl liger kun..?sry if i make a mistake..im confused with your avatar ^_^
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 02:51

it's a nice point, maybe if a match ends 2-1 the loser (the person who won 1 game) could get the half of the DC he/she would have normaly won.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 03:19

Well, for one it's just testing. And also, you mentioned that 1000 in a week doesn't sound bad. Yeah, it doesn't sound that bad. To you. DC isn't supposed to be too easy to get. If you get the DC too quickly you'll buy everything the first week you're here. Also, there would be a flood of requests for retests.

Also, about the Slifer vs Obelisk, I guess I'll add to it aj's part. The main part of it was for the winner not to get two wins, not for the loser to not get points. Well, I guess aj6666's idea is fair, since the winner gets his/her DC halved, the person who was defeated got it halved too. Seems fair. Come to think of it, we could halve it for the winner of a 1-0 duel. But that'd be like halving the entire DC system and continuing normally. xD. Oh well, I'll just leave it like that.

So Update: The defeated of a 2-1 will get half the points he originally would have received.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
yuseto
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
yuseto

Number of posts : 83

Miscellaneous
DC: 2450

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 03:25

so u can 32.5 dc ?
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-02, 03:29

I'll round up.
Back to top Go down
Ligerkun11
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ligerkun11

Male

Number of posts : 78

Miscellaneous
DC: 2025

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-03, 08:16

Aster Phoenix wrote:
Well, for one it's just testing. And also, you mentioned that 1000 in a week doesn't sound bad. Yeah, it doesn't sound that bad. To you. DC isn't supposed to be too easy to get. If you get the DC too quickly you'll buy everything the first week you're here. Also, there would be a flood of requests for retests.

Also, about the Slifer vs Obelisk, I guess I'll add to it aj's part. The main part of it was for the winner not to get two wins, not for the loser to not get points. Well, I guess aj6666's idea is fair, since the winner gets his/her DC halved, the person who was defeated got it halved too. Seems fair. Come to think of it, we could halve it for the winner of a 1-0 duel. But that'd be like halving the entire DC system and continuing normally. xD. Oh well, I'll just leave it like that.

So Update: The defeated of a 2-1 will get half the points he originally would have received.

~Aster Phoenix
Haroxx wrote:
yes i agree with her..ermmm are you a girl liger kun..?sry if i make a mistake..im confused with your avatar ^_^

lmao no im not a girl. i just like the pic. and yea ur right 1000 doesnt seem alot to me xD
Cause im not even gonna ever buy anything more than likely.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-05, 01:24

After asking on this, I decided that on my part I'd award DC for each duel won, even in matches. Yeah, some people get a crap load of DC fast, but meh >_>

Also, I went through most of the duels in Luminous that weren't awarded DC and did them, so if it's locked but no admin posted it's because I really didn't want to post in each one ^^ (Yeah, lazy, meh Very Happy) But the DC was awarded if it's locked.

If Aster chooses to keep the method he uses, then it's his choice. But figured I'd say this before someone wonders why the hell their DC amounts went up a lot again ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-07, 16:38

Alright we need to clear something here. Because of what's happen, I can no longer do what I'm doing, since someone else is cashing DC =.=". So, you have to decide which way we're doing. We can't have one giving more than the other. =.="
Back to top Go down
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 16:04

I'm confused, isn't that unfair? Why don't we just do 1-0 then to avoid this?

Example:
Y VS X
X wins 2 times
Y wins 1 time

OR

Post (1):
1-0 in y favor
Post (2);
1-0 in x favor
Post (3):
1-0 in x favor

Posting 3 different posts, for EACH duel will help avoid this new system. This new system is too easily avoided. Also, if you post the duels at different times, it's hard to catch you. [Even though it is still fair, because you did duel 3 times with each other person therefore you should be allowed to post once for each duel -.- *sighs* just please keep the old system. ]

Last edited by DayTime on 2009-07-09, 00:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 19:02

That's exactly what i mean. And usually people should be playing matches for DC. Don't know why some are doing just 1-0. So, we need to set it. Originally I believe these DC settings were supposed to be for matches. But it's getting all screwy now. Some admin needs to come check this out and set the method we're using.
It's either you get points for every win and lose, which is pretty bad, or you get DC for each match like how it was originally designed.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Maximillion Pegasus
Creator of Duel Monsters
Creator of Duel Monsters
Maximillion Pegasus

Male

Number of posts : 1164

Miscellaneous
DC: 4105

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:40

Well I like to do single matches sometimes not because I want to count them 1 at a time but because I only have time to squeeze in one duel. When I dueled my cousin well I was in an upset mood and instead of holding back I OTKed her 3 times in a row when I was only planning on dueling once. It just went so fast that I gave in to her and just dueled her again and again finally I got a bad hand and she got a great hand. I however didn't just want to end it there so I put in another quick finish in about 3 turns and that was it. I didn't know how to put that into a format you'd like so I put 4-0 for me and 1-0 for her Razz my mistake on that. But as her cousin I kinda wanted her to squeeze some DC outta it. But your right people aren't just squeezing DC they're taking it quick, really quick. Just wanted to clear that up and let ya know why theres singles sometimes.

EDIT: Aster if you read this, PM me back. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:43

Then, why don't people do matches then? Then it wouldn't be screwy ._.

Plus, as mentioned, it could also count as multiple posts in one. If you'd like to look at it that way.

Just some random stuff thought up on the spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:44

War2142 wrote:
Well I like to do single matches sometimes not because I want to count them 1 at a time but because I only have time to squeeze in one duel. When I dueled my cousin well I was in an upset mood and instead of holding back I OTKed her 3 times in a row when I was only planning on dueling once. It just went so fast that I gave in to her and just dueled her again and again finally I got a bad hand and she got a great hand. I however didn't just want to end it there so I put in another quick finish in about 3 turns and that was it. I didn't know how to put that into a format you'd like so I put 4-0 for me and 1-0 for her Razz my mistake on that. But as her cousin I kinda wanted her to squeeze some DC outta it. But your right people aren't just squeezing DC they're taking it quick, really quick. Just wanted to clear that up and let ya know why theres singles sometimes.

EDIT: Aster if you read this, PM me back. Seriously.

I agree with this. Not everyone has the time or wants to duel more than once at a time.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:47

Yeah, I don't think anyone here is smart enough to do this to get more DC, lol. Razz

I know I rarely do matches, single duels may just happen because people don't have time, not necessarily because they want more DC fast. Hmm
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:48

Okay but that was not the main point. I'm just trying to figure what method we're using. And War, there's no new PM according to mine
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty2009-07-08, 20:50

I say stick to the old method for now as members are more comfortable with that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUST READ: Testing New Method   MUST READ: Testing New Method Empty

Back to top Go down

MUST READ: Testing New Method
Page 1 of 1