Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy Tester Decks

Go down 
+4
aj6666
Grace
DayTime
Tharyan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

Academy Tester Decks Empty
PostSubject: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 03:03

So I was thinking while Testing is fun and going pretty well for me at least; Using my own deck puts the Testee at a bit of a disadvantage. I would think the same would go for most people and Testers.

My suggestion would be to standardize the Testing system a bit.

There would be a pool of decks that Testers could choose from; any where form 3-10 that would be posted in a section where only Testers and higher could see. Testers could choose just one of their deck slots to have a "Testers Deck". For variety they can change it up at their leisure. But it would be recommended that they do it at least once per 3 tests or so. Just so that they don't develop a pattern.

We could tone down the intensity of how hard the decks are to make them about the same level, and then we could do stuff like saying; "If they beat you it is almost certain they go into Ra; or if they did not beat you they cannot make it into Obelisk.

It would also help the Testers not constantly show their personal decks.

Something I just thought of. Standardizing the decks allows us to make easier decisions and it would be more concrete for the Members.
Back to top Go down
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 03:07

I agree! Very Happy (irrelevant) -- even the testers in yugioh gx have tester decks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 10:44

That's a good idea, although we'll need someone to make up the actual decks. XD
Back to top Go down
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 12:04

.....Not it....
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 12:30

-.-

Hmm...well, I guess I can create about 10 decks, number them without you guys knowing what they are...but, once you choose a number, wouldn't you know what deck it was? And if you like it couldn't you choose it every time? Hmm
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 17:54

I think testers should have the option to create they're own decks, maybe having a diferent ban list for them would be better, instead of forcing them to chose an already made deck out of ten.

I might sugest this ban list:

Banned cards: wave motion cannon, dark armed dragon, final countdown, destiny board, exodia cards, monster reborn, snipe hunter, marshmallon, spirit reaper, neo spacian grand mole*, crush card virus, shmashing ground, dark gaia, demise king of the armageddon.

*neo spacian grand mole is allowed if the tester has a neos deck.

Limited cards: Horus LV 8, Jinzo, royal decree, phoenix wing blast, premature burial*

*I know premature burial is a banned card, however, monster reborn is more powerfull, so I think testers should use premature burial instead of monster reborn.

Semi Limited cards: all monarchs, lightning vortex, phoenix wing wind blast.
Back to top Go down
DanceJonDance
The Robot With Human Hair
The Robot With Human Hair
DanceJonDance

Male

Number of posts : 376

Miscellaneous
DC: 1513

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:00

I think a tester deck should have a bunch of effect monsters and cards to see how well the duelist does in certain situations. Like how would he counter a royal decree or get rid of neo spacian grand mole, etc. They shouldn't be made to defeat an opponent but to see how good the duelist's skills are
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jon_wit_no_lyfe
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:07

Well it's not like if you had to make a whole strategy to get rid of the mole or royel decree...

I think a test duel most be long, so the tester can see what card the testee uses and what strategys are on his/her deck, it's not something that could be seen in a short fast duel.
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Number of posts : 29

Miscellaneous
DC: 10

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:14

aj6666 wrote:
I think testers should have the option to create they're own decks, maybe having a diferent ban list for them would be better, instead of forcing them to chose an already made deck out of ten.

I might sugest this ban list:

Banned cards: wave motion cannon, dark armed dragon, final countdown, destiny board, exodia cards, monster reborn, snipe hunter, marshmallon, spirit reaper, neo spacian grand mole*, crush card virus, shmashing ground, dark gaia, demise king of the armageddon.

*neo spacian grand mole is allowed if the tester has a neos deck.

Limited cards: Horus LV 8, Jinzo, royal decree, phoenix wing blast, premature burial*

*I know premature burial is a banned card, however, monster reborn is more powerfull, so I think testers should use premature burial instead of monster reborn.

Semi Limited cards: all monarchs, lightning vortex, phoenix wing wind blast.
You just suggested to limit Premature in a game of triple Arms Hole. Congrats. Razz

Anyway, I like the "tester decks" idea by the OP, as long as all testers have a say on what these decks will be. Ofc some testers may disagree, in which case the idea is pwned, but it sounds ok at first glance.

And I'm generally against extra banlists.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:24

Mar Kos wrote:
You just suggested to limit Premature in a game of triple Arms Hole. Congrats. Razz

So what? no one is going to add 3 arm holes to they're deck just to get ppremature burail...I've never seen anyone suing that card anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:33

aj6666 wrote:
Mar Kos wrote:

So what? no one is going to add 3 arm holes to they're deck just to get ppremature burail...I've never seen anyone suing that card anyway.
I don't think we should discuss the usability of Arms Hole in this topic. It's for another time and place.

My point was that I don't think a different banlist should be used for tests. The players being tested need to be able to deal with many of the cards you name there, as they're common in KCVDS. Sooner or later most people will realise they need a maindeck answer to Horus Lv8 anyway. For them to be excluded from the tests gives a false image of the game.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 18:48

I'm just suppoorting tharyan who said his deck was way too powerfull against testees, so I don't think kicking the testee quickly with a lockdown strategy should be a good idea, specialy because they wouldn't be able to show what they're deck is made of....Also horus is not out, it's just limited.

Also if you think the ban list should be diferent why don't you just sugest annother one?
Back to top Go down
Omega 6
God Killer
God Killer
Omega 6

Male

Number of posts : 409

Miscellaneous
DC: 9460

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 19:07

nice idea Tharyan i suggest all the testers join this HAM network

HAM network: LDA testers

pass: meet

I have some good ideas & card standards and i suggest we just use 2 decks that all testers will have that will be the same deck contents with the same side deck.

Ill gather the testers in this HAM so we can determine our two decks and express and questions or concerns.

LDA TESTERS are only to join but if you want to stop and ask or w/e feel free
Back to top Go down
Mar Kos
Tester
Tester
Mar Kos

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 19:22

aj6666 wrote:
I'm just suppoorting tharyan who said his deck was way too powerfull against testees, so I don't think kicking the testee quickly with a lockdown strategy should be a good idea, specialy because they wouldn't be able to show what they're deck is made of....Also horus is not out, it's just limited.

Also if you think the ban list should be diferent why don't you just sugest annother one?
I'm also supporting Tharyan. If one's decks are too good against the majority of players, then they could, and should, be toned down by making them universal and imposing rules. I'm just disagreeing on what these rules should be.

I said NO banlist change should be done, because that's what people will meet in KCVDS for real.

Omega's idea is good, get all the testers to decide for themselves. Ofc we can still suggest stuff, eh?
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 19:41

Well since Omega is the tester I'll respect his idea. I don't think futurer discusions abot ban lists would be creative since we'll allow testers to decide...maybe this topic should be closed.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-21, 21:52

Ooh! Good idea Omega, you do all the deck stuffs, while Kat and I go laze around. *nods*

-Topic Closed-
Back to top Go down
adragnstear
adragnstear

Male

Number of posts : 103

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty2009-07-22, 03:45

They should duel with what ever i dont really see a need for certain decks. The testers should be halve decent duelist, and should know not to use to powerful decks vs testy's. Though they should proably switch it up here and there so students dont get to used to there playing style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy Tester Decks   Academy Tester Decks Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy Tester Decks
Page 1 of 1