Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I shouldn't post this...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

I shouldn't post this... Empty
PostSubject: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-25, 00:53

since I will most likely be put in charge of it....

But anyways here we go;

Suggestions;
Table of Contents
1.1 Hamachi Networks and Staff
1.2 Ranks and DC/Experience system
1.3 Dueling System and DC
1.4 Tester's Decks
1.5 Testers
1.6 Activity

1.1 Hamachi Networks and Staff

Our Hamachi networks are at best...randomly thrown together and cluttered. Many people are in 5-10 networks and this can cause unneeded network clutter. There is also the issue of staff in the networks. To fix this I suggest that we set up a basic outline of a network. Something that looks like this;

2 Admins/Mods
2 Testers
The rest members

After that we can decide who gets what network to spread it out a bit. For example

Ace will take A-J
Maaka can take L-U
Grace can take V-Z

Something like that with the admins and testers to help spread them out a bit and organize the networks a bit.

I would also like to see Something to limit the number of networks a person can occupy. Just a rule stating that a member can only be in 3-4, or however many you want, regular LDN*** networks. They can change any time they wish, but set a max. This will also help limit the number of networks we have and will help us keep track of everything.

Of course this is just for the LDN*** networks, dorm networks and special networks such as the Testers network or the original network set up by ace are not affected. People could join 4 LDN*** networks and then join their dorm and testers when need be without following the 3-4 rule.

Problems: This could potentially section members off from one another creating groups in Hamachi. But I think that the freedom to change networks and the use of the forums and website will minimize this.

1.2 Ranks and DC/Experience system

Ace just posted a suggestion on using an experience system in place of being able to buy ranks, I think, is a terrible idea. Ranks should be awarded based on skill and improvement. The experience bar Ace suggested would be perfect for this.

The question becomes; what do you award experience for? Testing, obviously. Good posts, this can be a bit sketchy as you don't know the source of the post. It may be an original idea or taken from somewhere else. Duels, it would be a good idea but how would we rank and use this? Tournaments, ehhh. kinda the same ground as dueling, How will we use this. Possibly doing single dorm tourneys with an exp. reward for 1st,2nd,3rd...etc. Anyways it is a good idea but a bit to unstable for now, lets refine it and then implement it.

1.3 Dueling System and DC

The dueling system for getting DC should be divided into 2 sections. Single duels and Match duels. Awarding points should be different for each. For example;

Single; what we have now.
Match; Winner gets 2x the single amount; loser gets .1 or .5 depending on if they won a duel or not. (Always round up)

This leads me into my view on the 'loser gets nothing' idea. For single duels of Ra and above I can see that this makes sense. but for Slifer, it becomes a bit unfair. Especially with the retest price at 600. that means that a Slifer would have to BEAT a tester or higher 3 times just to take a test....if they can do that won't they just jump a rank anyways...So for Slifer I would say if they lose a single duel they can get .1 of the award DC they would have won, up to 10DC for losing a duel.

I would also suggest that instead of 600Dc flat rate; we do it by dorm. Maybe 400/600 or something. But having the retest for Ra's and Slifers be the same price is a bit unfair to the Slifer's.

Or something to the like, I haven't thought about it too much.

1.4 Tester's Decks

I already put up my suggestion for this and it seemed to be generally accepted. The next step in the process would be to make a few decks. Omega made a nice general one that is good for testing, I would say we need a few more to widen the variety. I think every Tester, or person who gives tests to come up with 1 deck and post it. We would also need a section that only Testers could see to post it in. A topic for Testers decks. That way we could go in and change decks when we felt the need.

1.5 Testers

I think that we need a system to move people up from Obelisk to Tester. I think that there should 2 parts to the test; A duel part as with everything and a knowledge part, sort of like a test of different situations for more advanced rulings. We could put the questions/situation to use in a section only Testers can see. There would be a mix of Questions/Situations that are 100% fine or have a problem with them.

We could actually act out the situations on KCVDS, or have a written test that we PM to them and they answer. Or a mix of both.

regardless I would like to see a system put in place that is more concrete than what we have now.

1.6 Activity

Activity seems to be ok, but personally I would like to see more academy related activities. Having a once a month tourney would be a great way to reward the active members. We could also have a 'Beat the _____' sort of thing set up monthly where the reward was either exp/DC/a free item from the shop (limited to a list we create) We could also hold quizzes. this will help expand knowledge of difficult rulings around as well as promote activity.

Alright I think that is it for now. I am sure I will have more to say later. Hopefully this wasn't to much of a wall of text to read, I know a lot is here but I think they are vaild and practial suggestions. Take a look and let me know what you think!

You can resond with something like

1.1 - Good idea
1.2- bad idea
1.3- who cares

Preferably with why included =)

Last edited by Tharyan on 2009-07-25, 12:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil_Sonak
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Evil_Sonak

Male

Number of posts : 129

Miscellaneous
DC: 2280

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-25, 00:56

Well .. I got some pweddy new stuffs from here ... and Its good to all the basic at a place than to be scattered all over Very Happy ! .. Oh! And I just Returned from my Interview ... I AM EFFING GOING TO COLLEGE ..... !
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-25, 03:50

Alright I just finished reading this. First of all...
HOW COULD YOU?! =.= Thanks for leaving my name out in 1.1. And after all we've been through.. -.-

Anyways, I'm in all of the networks except like 3 so whatever.
1.1: It's a good idea; we should just a few in every network. Also, I've already been telling the members that join to only join at most 3 networks.
1.2: Yeah that sort of was the general idea.
1.3: I've never agreed with our DC system and believe it deeply flawed as do many academy members. Tried posting about it; nobody listens to what I have to say, so I gave up. Therefore, I won't even talk in response to this one.
1.4: Yeah. We do need a few more. But I don't think making an entire section for it is necessary. We could just discuss it in the net, and PM it to everyone.
1.5: Alright, here I don't get any of you. You claim we need more testers. According to what I hear, Grace claims we need 15 testers =.=. My question is: what do we even need all of these testers for? We already have about.. 6-7 testers. Some of them aren't even getting a chance to test right now. The ones testing are Rolin, Omega, Tharyan, Aster. Madelengadenga JadenYuki1, and whoever the other one was never even got the chance to test yet. It seems that we are handling the new users fine for now. So, what will we do with the new ones? Just let them be tester for the rank? I think we should just stick with what we have now, and when the time comes for a need of more testers, we add them then.
1.6: Hm. I guess this is a good idea, but I have no say in this sort of thing, so Grace/Ace will answer to this.
1.7: oh wait there is no 1.7

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-25, 04:09

Aster Sorry for leaving your name out What a Face

Testers and testers section;
Ok for the testers, it is more in preparation and task division that I suggest that we have more. The more the Academy grows, the need for keeping the forums policed/clean/updated grows. I noticed that some Admins/Mods are testing, like yourself. I think that we should leave it to the testers and let the Admins focus in on the forums themselves. Less of a load on you guys in the future.

As far as a section for testers goes; I think it is a logical step. If we are going o bring in new testers, are we just going to PM them a mountain of info? it makes more sense to have a section dedicated to it so new testers can just go there and find the info they need.

And yes I too thing the DC system needs a complete overhaul....but I won't suggest it because if I do I will end up doing it....to much work. =P
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-25, 11:56

1.1 I'm only on one of the networks, the original one that was created, so I really don't know what's going on, but it's no surprise to me that people are joining more than one of the networks, if A-Z of the LDA Networks were full, people would think that we had around 390 members, which we don't. xP

1.2 You're right, the Experience System idea is very vague right now, and making it actually possible is a bit iffy as well, we'll have to put this one to the side for right now. Smile

1.3 Yeah, the Duel System is a bit flawed, the idea of two sections isn't a bad one, then we can have the DC System Sticky in both sections so that we know we're distributing the DC correctly.

1.4 I guess Ace can make a section like this only viewable for Testers, it'd have to be viewable by Admins too, although you can always do this on the Testers' Hamachi network. Smile

1.5 Yeah, I asked 3 Obelisk Blue members and they've all turned the offer down, lol. XD We should make a Sticky somewhere, where people can apply for being a Tester, not only Obelisk Blues, some members were saying that there are some really good Slifers and Ras, so it should be offerred to everyone, of course the Testers would have to test them first.

1.6 I agree with you, posting activity is great, more events are needed though. We definitely need to work on our tourney making skills, as Ace's didn't finish, mine didn't finish, and JadenYuki1's is going pretty slow, we need to make it more organized.

Wow, that was long. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-26, 01:02

Ooh, what's this?

*gets hit with wall o' text*

X_X

Anyway Very Happy

1.1 - Actually, I've joined the majority of the LDN[Insert letter(s) here], and all of them have another admin, either being Aster, Ace, or both. but, I noticed that not a lot of them have testers, I saw Omega in a couple here and there, but Hmm I've also seen members do what I did and pretty much join every net, while others are only in one or two. So, yeah, maybe we should do something about the Hamachi nets, though... I kinda can't do much, I didn't make any of them >.>

1.2 - lmao, I could have even said the buying ranks thing failed, because (as seen recently) some people may buy up a to their next rank, but might not be ready to go into that dorm. Re-tests are more better with this, as then you'll know that you earn the rank and deserve it instead of just buying it Very Happy The idea for the Experience Bar works the same XD

1.3 - Way back when I asked Ace on how to cash duels in, he said to count matches as 2-3 duels put in one Hmm Or something like that. And, um, Slifers earn more, so they'd get the money to get a re-test faster if you went by the "cash in all duels normally" idea. That and some people seem to stay in lower dorms despite being capable of going into higher ones. So, okay, maybe lower the Slifer one a tiny bit, but not by much. Maybe to 500? ._. Anyway, most of the things you mentioned were on the Slifers, so ._. Next Very Happy

Though, there are a few probs with the DC system, Aster had mentioned some things on this to me before ._.

1.4 - Yeah, I was supposed to make one or so... but I'm still thinking of what'd be appropriate for a tester's deck, since I haven't tested properly in ages -_-0Grace had been making some too ._. But, in general, it's a good idea, so all testers should probably make a deck, and post it up for the other testers. (In a section them and higher ranks can only see.) And, um ._. Not much else there.

1.5 - Ooh! I like this idea, sounds fun ^^ Though, I remember an other academy had the written test thing just to get in ._. Anyway, I think it'd work, so maybe try it?

Also, I remember Grace mentioning on getting some people as testers, and I'd asked someone else on the matter. Just to point that out randomly XD

@ Aster: We actually lost a tester, Magdalena left the academy >.>

1.6 - Hmm, isn't there a tourney going on at the moment? XD Anyway, your ideas seem okay there, but I'm too lazy to think of anything to contribute to this Very Happy

I wrote this all at 2 in the morning, hopefully it makes sense. And I was too lazy to look at the replies before this either, so ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty2009-07-26, 04:26

Okay first of all, Tharyan, I don't mind testing. I usually have nothing to do, and tend to get bored, so testing is always fun, I guess. As far as the section, once some of you create some decks, you can give me a call, and I'll create the section, since everyone else agrees.

For networks, I guess we could organize it somehow, but I'm the creator of most of the networks, Like LDNJ ~ LDNAG or something o.o. So, I can't really leave them unless you want me to destroy the networks.

As far as experience bar, everyone agrees it's a good idea, but Ace'll have to fix it up first.

For DC system, I think we could just stick with one section, and have a final method for cashing in DC. According to Ace, we're supposed to just give 1x to the winner for each win. =.=. So if it's 2-1, both Ras, winner gets 150 DC; defeated gets 75 DC. I personally don't agree with this method, but since Ace says so, I follow orders.

As I've said above, create the decks, message me, and I'll create the system at the bottom of the forum, since only Testers will be able to see it.

Eh, still think we could just add testers in the future when we actually need them, but it's up to you guys I guess. Sometimes, I throw in a few card ruling questions during my tests. Like 1 in every 5 tests, I stick in the magical question at the end of the test. If they get it right, they usually get a boost in the card rulings part, if they get it wrong, I mark down a little. It usually doesn't affect the rank, just the 1-3 that I always add in.

If you guys want to test new testers in, I don't mind. Do what you guys wish

Response to Kikyo: Eh, really? Didn't notice. Well, either way, looks like we have enough testers, but I guess..

Yeah, we have a tournament going on. We usually have tournament after tournament. We already have the tag team tournament going on right afterwards. So.. yeah.

Not sure if anything made sense. 1:30 AM. Tired. Slept 4 hours yesterday. Was out all day, didn't log on at all till now.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I shouldn't post this...   I shouldn't post this... Empty

Back to top Go down

I shouldn't post this...
Page 1 of 1