Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grace's new Suggestion

Go down 
+10
Tharyan
aj6666
Krypto
godulon
njr689
Kikyo Maaka
Evil_Sonak
svstar34
LDA Joey Wheeler
Aster Phoenix
14 posters

Do you like Grace's new idea of retesting everyone every month?
Yes
Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_lcap25%Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 7 ]
No
Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_lcap64%Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 18 ]
Don't care/Indecisive
Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_lcap11%Grace's new Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

Grace's new Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-26, 23:11

Alright, even though Grace already had her idea pretty much set to go, I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought about it. If this was posted somewhere else, I didn't see it, so here it is. If you haven't already seen, Grace proposes that we retest every single member every single month.

Personally, I think that's a bit too much, as not only will we be retesting those members, we'll also be testing the new members that join every month. Plus, it makes the buying retests useless. Plus, this idea will be hard to keep track of, because we'll have to keep track of everyone who's tested and everyone who hasn't. Plus some people might join a few days before the retesting starts.. Will this mean they'll have to test again?

With that being said, and anything else I left out, I personally disagree with this idea, and just wanted to hear what everyone else thought of it.

I'll add a poll, so you can post a comment(like/dislike/why/why not) and anything else you want, and please vote in the poll too.

Well, thanks o.o

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
LDA Joey Wheeler
Joey Wheeler/Battle City Duelist
Joey Wheeler/Battle City Duelist
LDA Joey Wheeler

Male

Number of posts : 315

Miscellaneous
DC: 1328

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-26, 23:15

i say yest but not every month maybe 1nce every 3
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-26, 23:15

I dont see the point in this. If people can re-test for the cost of DC, then there is no point in having monthly re-tests because then people will just wait so they can rack up some more DC
Back to top Go down
Evil_Sonak
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Evil_Sonak

Male

Number of posts : 129

Miscellaneous
DC: 2280

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-26, 23:20

If ya all think u can handle this .. Go ahead .. !

But acc. to me it will be too tough .. we have already quite a few members .. !

So my Vote = NO
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 00:15

Okay, I do agree that every so often, all members should get a mandatory retest. But not every month, maybe... six months or so? ._. And even then I don't think you'd get them all retested, because you might have a crapload more members here. I mean, right now it's not as bad, but if we get up to about... 500+ members, um... >_> How will we retest them all...? But this specific one is okay, just every month... -_-0 Maybe the members themselves should make sure to pay for a retest every month, that might make more sense Very Happy

As for the poll, I voted indecisive. Read the post and you'll get it ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
njr689
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
njr689

Male

Number of posts : 13

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 00:25

ummmm idk its SOUNDS like a good idea but all in all i dont think it will be that successful or atleast that well liked because yeah retesting sounds good but give people the option like u do now to buy a retest some people might not wanna be tested and are happy where they are lol but you could do like have a schedule date for retests every month and everyone who wants one has to pay to get it on that day or a weekend or something idk
Back to top Go down
godulon
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
godulon

Number of posts : 85

Miscellaneous
DC: 668

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 00:36

I say yes and give specific dates. and if you miss it you wont be tested till next month.. Im sure if you can find orginzation while doing that. it would be great
Back to top Go down
Krypto
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Krypto

Number of posts : 176

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 00:43

my vote is not. i think is too much work for the testers...
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 00:58

Well, Godulon, in this case, taking the retest is a requirement rather than an option. You won't get to choose. Grace says every member needs to be retested.

And I do agree with Kikyo. They should all get retested, but not every month. Every half year sounds good o.o Even though this academy hasn't even been out for that long. I don't think it has anyways. xD

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 02:43

Well, there's a big problem in this that no one pointed out: if every member has to be retested every mount...and there's a specific date...what about pepole who where tested like in day 27 or so? They will take a retest like 4 days after bieng tested.

Also as other members said, too much work for testers, and they won't be able to keep track of the tested members.
Back to top Go down
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 07:15

I would say every month is a bit much.

I would also say depending on the time frame you have in mind we may need to do something about the Retest for DC.

If it is every month you should get rid of buyable retests all together. they would make no sense and people may find a way to abuse it. As aj6666 said.

My recommendations would be every 3 months have a retest period. That way people who don't want to wait that long can buy one with the DC and people who have a hard time gaining DC aren't shut out.

But overall I do agree that we need to retest people; Preferably AFTER we settle on a more stable testing system. (Make testers decks; have a Testers section; Maybe make a general guide as to how to place)
Back to top Go down
firestorm
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
firestorm

Male

Number of posts : 139

Miscellaneous
DC: 2075

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 08:30

Well first i voted no i will give my resons first as evryone else said too much work for testers you will need at least 10 testers to do this second thing there is overload on mods and admins as for changing ranks making rooms etc.... its a hard idea in my opinon
Back to top Go down
Johan
Administrator
Administrator
Johan

Female

Number of posts : 212

Miscellaneous
DC: 500

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 08:33

I don't find it needed that hardly. I mean, just tbh with you guys, the testing is ruined here (and in many other academies.). There shall be testers who are.

1) Ready to test many people.
2) Knows HOW to test.
3) Can choose the right dorm for those tested people.
4) Have patience to make the opponent show what he got.
5) Doesn't care if he loses or wins, it's just a test duel. He's supposed to lose but that's for the cost of the opponent showing what he got.

And some other things of course.

But if you have only like 1-3 testers who are like that in this academy, and you want them to test like 50+ members in 1 month, then it's pretty much ruined.

Also, testing is not everything. There shall also be rules saying that the one who will get tested... Must NOT use a test deck so they don't start crying when losing and getting in a dorm they didn't expect to get in, they wanted to have a dorm higher than the one they are in another academy, etc...

I may have gone out of the main point, so sorry about that.

Anyway, I don't mind the testing each month. Are there testers to do this though?
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 11:09

o.o Didn't notice this. Very Happy

Each month may be a bit much, we can make it every 3-4 months. Smile I'm sure we'll get enough Testers in that amount of time and a better testing system, and members can still pay for re-tests. ^.^

But letting members demote themselves, especially to Slifer, is imo, abusive, because they could be doing it to earn more DC, if they belong in Ra, and they're in Silfer and can beat another Ra easily, what is that, 150 DC for them? I don't think that's fair. Hmm

Yesh. ^.^
Back to top Go down
JadenYuki1

JadenYuki1

Female

Number of posts : 293

Miscellaneous
DC: 2750

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 11:17

Why don't we just use the retesting method where members buy it? I'll help, but I think this idea is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 13:45

Not every member can earn DC that quickly. *points to self*

Members can still buy re-tests, since this only happens every few months. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty2009-07-27, 14:27

Err. Sure, I guess we could do this but around 4 months or 5 months as Grace/Kikyo said is a good idea, I guess. But I agree with Tharyan. We have to finalize and fix stuffs first. o.o

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grace's new Suggestion   Grace's new Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Grace's new Suggestion
Page 1 of 1