Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Card Making Contest!!!

Go down 
+13
yuseifudo33
Aster Phoenix
Unforgiven Pretender
FullMetalAlchemist
Black Wing
Ichigo Bankai
Ace
kenshin9000
Jim Crocodile Cook
mortalx900
~Zero~
aj6666
Grace
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty
PostSubject: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-04, 22:19

CREDIT GOES TO AJ6666 FOR HAVING THE IDEA FOR THIS TOPIC! Smile

I guess the prize could be D.C. Credits, first place gets 100, second gets 50, and third gets 25 sounds fair.

I'll start things off, which means that I won't be able to participate as aj6666 said, but that's okay. ^^

THEME: Create a Tuner monster with a Synchro to go with it.

P.S. The first place winner is allowed to choose the theme for the next competition, which means that they can't participate, so there's no way the same person will be chosen every time, which is fair.

Entries will be taken till Tuesday, that'll be enough time I hope, after that we will start voting.

Good luck to all participants! Very Happy

Edit: For those who don't know where to go, you can make your Yu-Gi-Oh cards at www.yugiohcardmaker.net. You can find your images at any image hosting website, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack.

What you can base your voting on will be the best effect, best picture, most balanced, etc.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-05, 16:40

ok this is better, I'll post my cards

BTW: you should post the rulles here

Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc00
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc01
Back to top Go down
~Zero~
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
~Zero~

Male

Number of posts : 27

Miscellaneous
DC: 700

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-07, 14:51

Thats main newest Monsters,hope you like them ^^ :

Official Card Making Contest!!! 64530
By removing from play up to 3 EARTH Monsters from your Graveyard you can upgrade the Level of this monster by x1 for each removed from play Monster.

1 Tuner - 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters.

This Monster is uneffected by the effects of all Monsters with Level equal or less than the combined Level of Monsters used for the Synchro Summon of this card.This card can not be removed from play.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-08, 20:52

Wow, only two entries? I guess we know who our winners are. Razz JK, will need more entries, otherwise we can't give out DC Credits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mortalx900
Espada 4
Espada 4
mortalx900

Male

Number of posts : 2807

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-10, 22:34

LOOK!!!
these are my cards for the contest.

Official Card Making Contest!!! Oceandragon
Official Card Making Contest!!! Terrorofthesevenseas
Back to top Go down
Jim Crocodile Cook
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Jim Crocodile Cook

Male

Number of posts : 11

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-19, 11:49

ok mates i made this i hope you like it:

The tuner:Official Card Making Contest!!! 268443l

The Synchro:Official Card Making Contest!!! 268443q

i put a strategy in these cards see the levels and tell me if you got it ;D
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-19, 19:34

Four entries...that's...pretty good! Very Happy Hmm...we will start voting whenever we start voting. XD Oh yeah, I deleted your entry Ichigo Bankai, and all other posts related to it, I hope you got the message that it's suppose to be 1 Synchro Monster and a Tuner to go with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kenshin9000
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
kenshin9000

Male

Number of posts : 11

Miscellaneous
DC: 300

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-04-27, 21:53

Hi, This is my entry.

Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc02
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc03
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-08, 15:53

Hey uh...Grace, mind starting the party?
I was told there was cake.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Ichigo Bankai
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Ichigo Bankai

Number of posts : 148

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-08, 16:13

When would the voting start im getting bored of the party.
Back to top Go down
Black Wing

Black Wing

Male

Number of posts : 2

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-08, 16:22

Heres my entry
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ultrafiredragon
Official Card Making Contest!!! DemonicDragon
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-08, 17:15

Ace wrote:
Hey uh...Grace, mind starting the party?
I was told there was cake.

Yes, but there's none for you. -.-

Um...I guess you can start voting then! Vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!

(I really need to be more organized. XD)

Okey dokey then, here are all of the entries:

aj6666
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc00
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc01

~Zero~

mortalx900
Official Card Making Contest!!! Oceandragon
Official Card Making Contest!!! Terrorofthesevenseas

Jim Crocodile Cook
Official Card Making Contest!!! 268443l
Official Card Making Contest!!! 268443q

kenshin9000
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc02
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc03

Black Wing
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ultrafiredragon
Official Card Making Contest!!! DemonicDragon

Now it's time to let your vote be heard!!! Very Happy You can base who you want to vote for off of this:

- The effect
- The picture
- How balanced it is

Err...and other stuffs. Razz

Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-08, 18:42

Wow I was waiting for the voting to start.

...I just want to point you must vote for the card, not for the person. Also contestants are not allowed to tell anyone to vote for them.

psst..I'm giving 50 DC to anyone who votes for me (joke)
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-22, 23:57

I don't know if you noticed grace, but no one's voting...I was sure it would be that way.

How about saying the one who selected the subject (it would be you this time) selects the winner untill we get more active member that are intersted in this section?

sorry for double posting.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
Ra Dorm Leader/Alchemical Master
Ra Dorm Leader/Alchemical Master
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Number of posts : 1859

Miscellaneous
DC: 780

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-26, 00:07

Hmm. Well, I wouldn't give a select for most of them because alot of the tuners and overpowered and so are the synchos. Therefore, I'll select... ~Zero~ because I believe his is the most balanced.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-29, 16:06

I hope I can still compete in this contest.

Well, here are my cards:

Official Card Making Contest!!! Createcardguardianofthe

Official Card Making Contest!!! Createcardguardianangel
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-05-29, 17:07

Whoa, sorry about this, I totally forgot about it. xP

I think that's a good idea aj666, I'll select one winner, and we'll see how it goes from there. Sorry there won't be a second or third place, but this thing is like dead. XD

Okay, I can't choose one today, I guess all of you guys can PM me on who you think should win 1st prize and why, just so it can help me out. ^^

And then I'll post the winner here when I've decided.

Oh, and sure, I'll count your entry too Unforgiven Pretender, but just this once! Razz
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-08, 21:34

Double posting because I can. Razz

The results are in! After...what seemed like a billion years. XD

But anyways, a winner has been decided, and that winner is...! *drum roll*

Unforgiven Pretender!

Congratulations, you can PM me with the next theme or just post here if you want. Very Happy

Okay, if some of you thought that I just chose him without even thinking...you're sooo wrong!!! >.<

Notes:

aj6666's Entry:

Tuner:
Mecha-Warrior
Level 4
Earth
Machine
Tuner
Effect Monster
1500 ATK/1300 DEF

Picture/Image: Very good, nice pixel.
Name: The names works well with the picture.
Grammar/Spelling: Spelled "opponent" wrong, and forgot to put the "'s" after, also forgot to capitalize "Spell" and "Trap".
Effect: Good effect with a balanced effect, also a downfall for the controller as if there are none on the opponent's side of the field, he/she must destroy his/her own.

Score: 8/10

Synchro:
Great Mecha-Cannon
Level 9
Earth
Machine
Synchro
Effect Monster
3200 ATK/2800 DEF

Picture/Image: Good picture overall, a little light.
Name: Eh...could've been more creative, but goes well with the Tuner's name. ^^
Grammar/Spelling: Spelled "opponent" wrong, and forgot to put the "'s" after, also forgot to capitalize "Spells" and "Traps".
Effect: I find it a little overpowering, since there is no downfall to it, but the fact that it is hard to summon since youneed to tune Mecha-Cannon with a Level 5 Machine-type monster is good. The ATK...I think it should have been 2800-3000 ATK.

OVERALL SCORE: 8/10

~Zero~'s Entry:

Tuner:
Three-Headed Eye Idol
Level 3
Earth
Zombie
Tuner
Effect Monster
1400 ATK/900 DEF

Picture/Image: Not bad, would've been better without the white.
Name: I liked it...but I didnt' like the "Idol" part for some reason. XD
Grammar/Spelling: Hmm...I didn't like how he used the word, "upgrade", I'm sure he could have used a better word than that. Like, "By removing from play up to 3 EARTH Monsters from your Graveyard, you can raise the level of this monster by x1 for each EARTH monster removed from play." Definitely could have worded it better also.
Effect: I like this effect a lot, very good, although the fact that is a Zombie, I'm not sure there are many Earth-type Zombie monsters, and this wouldn't exactly be in a Beast or Warrior Deck. >.> But I loved the effect, very creative and a good advantage for Synchro Summoning.

Score: 8.5/10

Synchro:
Yliaster The Radius King
Level 8
Dark
Machine
Synchro
Effect Monster
2800 ATK/2000 DEF

Picture/Image: Okay, but would have been good without the black background.
Name: I found it interesting and different.
Grammar/Spelling: No need to capitalize "Monster", or "Level" without supplying a specific number, but this user did not follow the rules.
THEME: Create a Tuner Monster and a Synchro TO GO WITH IT.
Member disqualified.
Effect: Regardless of the fact that this is an invalid entry, the effect is oveprowering since it has no downfall and it is so easy to summon.

Score: 4/10

OVERALL SCORE: 0/10 (Invalid Entry)

mortalx900's Entry:

Tuner:
Ocean Dragon
Level 4
Water
Dragon
Tuner
Effect Monster
1900 ATK/1100 DEF

Picture/Image: Lovely, could not have been better.
Name: A little plain, but expected.
Grammar/Spelling: "Spell" and "Trap" were not capitalized. Other than that it's fine.
Effect: Too overpowering, a Level 4 monster with 1900 ATK and no downfall to its effect, it gains even more for the number of Water monsters on your side of the field, so it could easily add up to 3100 ATK.

Score: 6/10

Synchro:
Terror of the Seven Seas
Level 8
Water
Sea-Serpent
Synchro
Effect Monster
3100 ATK/1500 DEF

Picture/Image: Again, could not have been better.
Name: Unique name, I liked it.
Grammar/Spelling: Forgot to have capitalized, "Non-Tuner Monsters", and had put "Water Dragon", instead of "Ocean Dragon", unless the user had done that on purpose.
Effect: The second part of the effect is okay, but the fact when it's Synchro Summoned destroys all your opponent's Spells and Traps is overpowering in my opinion.

Score: 7/10

OVERALL SCORE: 6.5/10

Jim Crocodile Cook's Entry:

Tuner:
Dekani - The Ice Flame Queen
Level 3
Water
Spellcaster
Tuner
Effect Monster
0 ATK/2100 DEF

Picture/Image: Bad pixel, definitely could have found a better image, does not go well with the card.
Name: Interesting name, I see nothing wrong with it.
Grammar/Spelling: Did not capitalize, "Tuner Monsters", "Deck", nor "Graveyard".
Effect: The fact that this monster has 2100 DEF for a Level 3 Monster may have seemed overpowering, but when you look at the effect and see the downfall you think otherwise. Plus, by doing this could actually be a plus to the duelist if they have a strategy. Balanced.

Synchro:
Lisara, The Cold Flame Magician
Level 8
Water
Spellcaster
Synchro
Effect Monster
2700 ATK/1300 DEF

Picture/Image: Again, not very good pixel, I thought it was a guy... >.>
Name: I didn't exactly like the, "Cold Flame" part. XD
Grammar/Spelling: "As along as this card is reamin Face-Up on the field negate any effect of spell(s) and trap(s) that target a tuner monster on the field.once per turn you can special summon 1 Tuner-monster from your graveyard.", meant to be "As long as this card remains face-up on the field, negate any effect of Spell(s) and Trap(s) that target a Tuner monster on the field. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Tuner-Monster from your Graveyard." In other words, quite a few mistakes. Also left out the, summoning criteria.
Effect: Now I understand the effect of the Tuner, the DEF is low, which sort of balances it out, there is still no real downfall to it, even though it has a good effect.

Score: 6/10

OVERALL SCORE: 7/10

kenshin9000's Entry:

Tuner:
Imperial Warrior
Level 4
Light
Warrior
Tuner
Effect Monster
500 ATK/2000 DEF

Picture/Image: Very good, I like it. ^^
Name: I like the name a lot too, although it kinda/kind of doesn't go with the image. XD
Grammar/Spelling: Forgot to capitalize, "Destroy".
Effect: The effect is the same as Old Vindictive Magician's, which lacks creativity. And the fact that it has 2000 DEF doesn't make it any better, it makes it overpowering in my opinion.

Score: 7/10

Synchro:
The Emperor
Level 10
Light
Warrior
Synchro
Effect Monster
3000 ATK/3000 DEF

Picture/Image: Good, no complaints.
Name: Good...
Grammar/Spelling: Mispelled, "The Emperor", unless it was meant to be that way, which I seriously doubt. Also, "Imerial Warrio" + 1 or more non tunner monster(s)", should have been, "Imperial Warrior" + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters". "Synchro Summoned" should be capitalized.
Effect: Overpowering. Even as a Level 9 Synchro, getting out a Level 6 monster isn't hard, no downfall, no cost, and 3000 ATK and DEF is a lot.

Score: 5.5/10

OVERALL SCORE: 5.75/10

Black Wing's Entry:

Tuner:
Ultra Fire Dragon
Level 4
Fire
Dragon/Pyro
Tuner
Effect Monster
1500 ATK/2000 DEF

Picture/Image: An okay image, would have been better if it were more clear.
Name: Not too creative.
Grammar/Spelling: Used "too", instead of "to", did not capitalize, "Special Summon", put "Pyro type monster", instead of, "Pyro-Type Monster" and did not capitalize, "Graveyard". Also, put two types for the card, a monster is only supposed to have one.
Effect: It's alright, it seems sort of random though, as it has 2000 DEF and has nothing to do with the Synchro besides the fact that you need it to summon the Synchro Monster.

Score: 5/10

Synchro:
Demonic Dragon
Level 8
Fire
Dragon/Pyro
Synchro
Effect Monster
2600 ATK/2400 DEF

Picture/Image: Too monotone, not that clear either.
Name: Better...
Grammar/Spelling: Should have put, "1 or more Non-Tuner Fire Monsters", instead of, "1 Fire Non-Tuner". Did not capitalize, "Pyro Monster", "Special Summon", "Level 4", or "Graveyard".
Effect: It would not be very helpful, since there aren't many..."Dragon/Pyro" monsters in the game.

Score: 4.5/10

OVERALL SCORE: 4.75/10

Unforgiven Pretender's Entry: (Recently Added)

Tuner:
Tekan - Guardian of the Future
Level 6
Light
Warrior
Tuner
Effect Monster
1000 ATK/2500 DEF

Picture/Image: Good, could do without the small spot in the bottom left-hand corner though.
Name: Interesting.
Grammar/Spelling: Did not capitalize, "Deck", nor "Graveyard".
Effect: Good effect, ATK and DEF is good because it require a tribute, overall well balanced.

Score: 8.5/10

Synchro:
Aria - Guardian Angel of the Future
Level 8
Light
Fairy
Synchro
Effect Monster

Picture/Image: Very good, although has been used a lot.
Name: Nice name.
Grammar/Spelling: Nothing that I can see...
Effect: Interesting for sure, even though the Tuner is a Level 6 monster, there are many Level 2 Light monsters you can get that will work well in a deck with this, and the effect depends on you having a Light monster on the field.

Score: 9/10

OVERALL SCORE: 8.75/10

So yes, I did think about this! A LOT.

[u]Other Comments:[/b]

Ace: New member w/ potential, had proved himself of card making, seems to have a nice outcome. Even though he was late, it might cause a small disturbance in the balance of nature if I say that, but eh, .75 points past aj, so that and other all together.

Aster Phoenix: Interesting... If I had to pick, I'd have to go with Unforgiven. The reason being, the balanced effect and nice names(Future) Razz. The picture could use a little improving, but I'm not all about pictures, so that doesn't matter to me. He didn't make many grammar mistakes, and also, his cards aren't overpowering, like most tend to be. Overall, I like it.

Kikyo Maaka: Honestly, after looking over the cards, I'd say Unforgiven Pretender's would be the best pick, all of the other cards had too many problems with them XD That and I just happened to like them Smile

So yeah...lotta work went into this. xP

And 100 Credits go to Unforgiven Pretender! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-08, 21:56

Congratz. And you didn't have to post the replies, did you? Razz Anyways, yeah..

100 Credits awarded.

-Closed-

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Official Card Making Contest   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-09, 04:38

Hi everyone!

First of all:
I am very happy to win the last round, thanks for the nice reviews Smile

Well, here is another round of the contest.
Since I won the last time, I will post the new theme here.
I will not participate this time, due to the rules. (Can't win twice in a row or something like that)

Well, I have no idea what themes have come before the last one since I'm not in LDA that long.

So, this rounds theme will be...

A DARK Psychic monster
and it's
LIGHT (Any type) Counterpart

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-09, 21:18

I don't know why aster closed the other topic, an admin should be reopening it and fuse it with this one.

In the meanwhile, here are my cards, I don't know much about psychic (just learned about them today) so I'm not sure this is ok.

Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc04b
Official Card Making Contest!!! Ctc05

Last edited by aj6666 on 2009-06-10, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yuseifudo33
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
yuseifudo33

Male

Number of posts : 697

Miscellaneous
DC: 6525

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-09, 21:31

why did u make a fairy one
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-09, 22:23

Ah. This thing is continuous? Haha. Failed to realize that. Sorry bout that, aj.

-Merged with Other one.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-10, 05:25

Well, @ aj6666

A psychic is a card like Jinzo.
It is a psychic now. (However many cards still say machine)

Psychic means cyborg.
Machine with a organic brain, and sometimes more organic parts.
Back to top Go down
yuseifudo33
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
yuseifudo33

Male

Number of posts : 697

Miscellaneous
DC: 6525

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty2009-06-10, 06:04

Official Card Making Contest!!! Create10
When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate traps or spell until end of damage step. If this card was destroy and sent to the grave draw 1 card from your deck.

Official Card Making Contest!!! 257168m
You can tribute summoned 2 monster so this card can treated as a effect monster.when this card is on the field you can re summoned to have the following effect
-This card can negated the effect of any monster your opponent controls by discarding one card from your hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Card Making Contest!!!   Official Card Making Contest!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Card Making Contest!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next