Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty
PostSubject: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-06, 17:37

Discuss anything pertaining to the Fool's Gold Tournament here.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-06, 19:19

Is this where we also post our wins in the tourney? XD
Back to top Go down
RolinRuff
Tester
Tester
RolinRuff

Number of posts : 122

Miscellaneous
DC: 9380

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-06, 19:45

am i still in the tournament, some1 said my first round is a bye, has the first round finshed. when does the second round start
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-06, 22:08

Rolin. The second round will start once all the first rounds are completed. But there's something I would like to fill you in on. If you haven't noticed, I'm playing my brother on Round 1 -.-". This is, to me, really unfair, so I requested from Ace to swap one of you(mxhawk or Rolinruff[you]) in for my brother, but listen. If you accept my offer(or Ace if he decides), I'll give you a handicap. I'll let you only have to defeat me two times to win our match. But on my part, I have to win three times to win our match. So, it's just a thought, but I need to get my brother out of round 1 against me, cause brother vs brother eliminating each other first round isn't that great. -.-"

So, to answer your question again:
1. You are still in the tournament
2. Yes your first round is a bye as in you get to skip out.
3. First round has not finished
4. Second round starts once first rounds are done.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
mxhawk1
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
mxhawk1

Male

Number of posts : 93

Miscellaneous
DC: 575

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-06, 23:53

Well Celtic has my bye spot now, and I lost to Tharyan (Nice deck Tharyan). I thought I'd have done better but oh well, I found a deck that I will invest in to be my signature one. I hope noone else uses it that often.

Anyways, Tharyan advances I lost 0-3 (we played a third one so I could test out my deck more, I did better that time but still lost; it was close though). ^^

Last edited by mxhawk1 on 2009-04-06, 23:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a line)
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-09, 22:42

Let's see...
Current results:
Kyosuke VS aj6666 = Kyosuke won 2-0
Rolin+Celtic Guardian= Auto pass to 2nd Round (Courtesy of mxhawk for switching opponent's just so he could duel)
Tharyan VS mxhawk = Tharyan won 2-0
Assassin VS Nina Williams = Assassin won 2-0

Remaining Duels:
Aster Phoenix VS FullMetalAlchemist
Grace VS Ace
Omega 6 VS Unkown

Note: I might give up due to business, so Grace might get by Razz

Notification of Chance: User ''Unkown'' may switch places with user ''FullMetalAlchemist.''

The person who agrees of those two must duel the opponent or he/she is out if his/her opponent is not active at that time. It will be decided by chronological order of which agreement comes first.
Back to top Go down
mxhawk1
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
mxhawk1

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-12, 01:15

I have a question for ya Ace, could we place bets for who we think will come in 1st and 2nd place. We could wager let's say, for example, 10 DC per bet or whatever amount if any... Anyways I know there would have to be a system to analyze the odds, so I thought we could inversely follow the DC awarded for winning duels.

For example, if we bet that a Slifer will the reward would be 100 DC
for a bet on Ra the award would be 75
for an Obelisk the award could be 50
and for a Tester/Mod/Admin... the award could be 25.

For Second place rankings, if we bet on a Slifer for second the award could be 75 DC
Ra: 50
Oblsk: 25
Test/etc: 10

This is just a thought, because I like to gamble (when it's not real money though lol, I save all of that for important things). If this sounds alright then I would be willing to post a thread on this topic and of course I would update the tournament bracket on the thread everytime a modification is made with the normal bracket. Also, there would be a few rules to follow, for instance you bet during the first round only... or if bets are made later on then they could be only for first place and they would caost more DC to bet with, maybe 25 DC in round two and 50 DC in round three and no more bets may be held after round three.

So how do you like this idea, or is it too much (either way is fine) :p However, if you do like the idea of holding bets then how about the few rules I added, are those good enough. Lastly, what do you think the DC amount should be for placing bets, and the rewards as well?

Of course if this idea seems a bit too much, then just say so, no big deal either way ^^
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-14, 19:40

Well mxhawk, I'll let you do that, just you have it operated. Start a new topic here in this section about it.

So Round 2 starts!

1. aj6666(loses) VS Kyosuke Kiryu(wins)
2. Assassin(wins) VS Nina Williams(loses)
3. Aster Phoenix(loses) VS RolinRuff (wins)
4. Grace(loses) VS Ace(wins)
5. Tharyan(wins) VS mxhawk (Thx for switching)

Round Two Contenders:
1. RolinRuff
2. Ace
3. Celtic Guardian
4. Omega 6
5. Unkown
6. Tharyan
7. Assassin
8. Kyosuke Kiryu
(post in topic if I forgot any)

Notes:
You may now change your deck.
Round 2 pairs will be up tomorrow.
Do your homework or face my wrath. (Optional)

Free (from last round):
FullMetal Alchemist (free)
Omega 6 (free)
Unkown (free)
Celtic Guardian (free)
Back to top Go down
mxhawk1
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
mxhawk1

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-04-14, 23:26

Thanks Ace ^^ I'll start a new topic.

Everyone place your bets this is a good way to rack up DC, the topic will be open now.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-05-31, 19:49

Tournament is over...

-Topic Closed-

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-05-31, 20:10

Now it's closed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty2009-05-31, 20:20

Whoops. Guess i forgot to hit the close button Razz

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic   Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool_'s Gold Discussion Topic
Page 1 of 1