Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty
PostSubject: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty2009-10-18, 11:53

Burn Decks:

In What they consist?

Burn decks consist in inflicting Effect damage to your opponent,without attacking. Cards like Meteor of Destruction and Poison of the Old Man are needed in this type of deck.

What cards are suggested?

As i said before,Cards like Meteor of Destruction and Poison of the Old Man are needed in this type of deck,also,Level Limit-Area B and Gravity Bind should help and prevent your opponent from attacking,and in the time you burn your opponent's Life Points. Also,Giant Germ,Fire Trooper,Misfortune,Tremendous Fire,Restructer Revolution,Marshmallon,Spirit Reaper can be useful.

Types of Burn Decks:

There are 13 types of burn decks,here they are:

* 1 Anti-Heal
* 2 Molten Burn
* 3 Bubbleman Burn
* 4 Counter-Burn Deck
* 5 Dark Snake Syndrome Deck
* 6 Direct Burn
* 7 Eradicator Blast Burn
* 8 Exxod Burn
* 9 Shadowpriestess Burn
* 10 Chain Strike OTK
* 11 Chain Burn (Non OTK)
* 12 Solar Burn/Stall Deck
* 13 Anti-Heal Deck

F.A.Q(Frequently Asked Questions):

What should i put in my burn deck?

I suggest you Meteor of Destruction,Poison of the Old Man,Level Limit-Area B,Giant Germ,Fire Trooper,Misfortune,Tremendous Fire,Restructer Revolution,Marshmallon,Spirit Reaper.

What is the best burn deck?

There is no best burn deck,everyone has a weakness,and everyone has a strenght. But i would recommend you the Bubbleman Burn or the Chain Strike OTK.

What are the weaknesses of burn decks?

There are several counters to Burn Decks. The most threatening is "Prime Material Dragon", although cards like "Lava Golem", "Volcanic Queen",
"Divine Wrath" and "Bad Reaction to Simochi" can reverse this. However, there are many other threats:

"Tele-DAD", "Gladiator Beasts" and "Lightsworns" decks can cause large amounts of damage to Burn users.

Because Burn Decks mostly rely on stall cards to prevent taking battle damage, they are highly vunerable to Spell and Trap removal. A Burn Deck must therefore contain plenty of Counter Traps, like "Solemn Judgment", "Dark Bribe" and "Seven Tools of the Bandit".

Faster burn decks leave the player without any cards quickly, so a way to refill the player's hand is needed.

Thank you,so Burn Decks are weak to Meta?

Yes,burn decks are extremely weak to Meta.

Other things:

Most of the burn decks are "Chain Burn",because it's the most overpowered burn deck.

Here is a piece taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki about Chain Burn decks:

Quote :
This deck focuses on more sustained damage using spells that chain together. While "Chain Strike" is certainly part of the deck's strategy it is by no means impossible to win without it. In favor of stacking your own spells in hopes of burning the opponent down you use this deck to force a grid lock using stall cards so that attacking is not a viable option for the opponent. By doing this the opponent is forced to set spell and trap cards in order to avoid discarding them. This gives the player an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the effect of "Princess of Tsurugi." Stall monster cards such as "Gyroid" or "Dark Resonator" can be used in supplement to more reliable stall cards such as "Gravity Bind" and "The Dark Door". One of the most glaring flaws in this deck is the very quick consumption of the player's hand. This is rectified by use of cards such as "Reckless Greed", "Accumulated Fortune", and in some cases early game, "Gamble." Using reckless greed in the middle of a chain is crucial to build up the chain count in order to use accumulated fortune and chain strike. Drawing four cards in addition to one card during your draw phase is lightning fast hand advantage. Some chainable monster removal is recommended for pesky monsters such as "Jinzo" or "Dark Armed Dragon," "Offerings to the Doomed" and "Compulsory Evacuation Device" are great answers to such monsters. The issue of forcing the player to skip draws is a non issue because the opponent shouldn't be able to capitalize on your vulnerability in one or two turns due to the clog you've imposed on their field. An important part of this deck's strategy is that there is only one monster in the deck that the player should be using to attack with if at all, and that's "Raging Flame Sprite." Raging Flame Sprite serves two purposes in this deck. The first purpose is an alternate win condition. By gaining 1000 attack every time it attacks directly the damage will add up fast and it is also immune to most of the player's stall cards by being a level three. The second purpose is to incite the activation of your opponent's spell and trap cards when needed to start a chain by the player. Other than those two instances attacking should be minimal if not non-existent. By not attacking, the player is protected against the activation of most of their opponent's trap cards. The deck, however, does not have great answers to cards like "Raigeki Break" and "Icarus Attack" outside the realm of chaining to them but even then cards like that are the biggest threat to unclogging the field. "Chain Detonation" and "Chain Healing" are the bread and butter chain starters of this deck. These cards are extremely important because unlike most of the cards in the "chain" archetype multiple copies may be used in the same chain. So it is possible to chain to an opponent's spell card with two chain detonations, reckless greed, accumulated fortune, and chain strike thus hitting the opponent for 3800 points of damage and netting the player four cards which he can set to start a chain all over again. The risk of drawing out of your deck is reduced by the aforementioned draw skipping mechanic in addition to the effects of chain heal and chain detonations that return them to your deck upon resolving.

Credits:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki

FIN
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty2009-10-18, 16:31

Grammar/Spelling: A quick skim reveals a few grammar mistakes, like not capitalizing an "i." (-1)

Length/Content: Content is fair, try to add a few visual aids, cause most people don't like reading through a wall of text. (-2)
Try to explain what the strategies of a few burn decks are as well. (-1)
The article is organized well, so that'll help. (+1)

Idea: The idea is funny, as burn decks, I don't like much. xD
It's fine though, cheap, but fine.

Rating in total: 7/10 - 400 DC

Review/Rating done.
+ 400 DC to Jack Atlas.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

PostSubject: Re: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty2009-10-19, 04:40

Ace wrote:
Grammar/Spelling: A quick skim reveals a few grammar mistakes, like not capitalizing an "i." (-1)

I lol'd at this.

Quote :

Length/Content: Content is fair, try to add a few visual aids, cause most people don't like reading through a wall of text. (-2)

Visual Aids? Meaning? Screenshots? Razz

Quote :

Review/Rating done.
+ 400 DC to Jack Atlas.

You sure you cashed them in? o.o 'cause i remember that yesterday i had the same amount of DC.

EDIT:

Ah,i just figured out i have more than yesterday Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty2009-10-19, 20:15

I think he meant something like adding colors and stuff by visual aids.

Anyway, nice article, I didn't knew they where 13 types of burn decks, so far I only knew like 2 or 3, but I think you could have quikly explained what each deck consits on.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty2009-10-19, 21:43

13 and 1 are the same deck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]   Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW] Empty

Back to top Go down

Burn your Opponent!/Burn Deck [AW]
Page 1 of 1