Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[AW] Sticking to the oldies.

Go down 
+3
Hannibal
Rand
Joshua Daylight
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Number of posts : 36

Miscellaneous
DC: 300

[AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty
PostSubject: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 17:40

I've met alot of duelests who've been real stubborn about using any of the newer cards that have come out. Frankly it irritates me.
I get comments like, "Synchros are rip-offs of fusion monsters." Or, "Blue Eyes used to be the best until they came out with the new cards." Or my favorite, "The old cards are all better than the new ones."

Synchros in my opinion added alot to the game. It makes it alot easier for the younger duelists to play the game making it more popular.
Fusions should really be for more experienced players whos decks can easily summon them.

Blue-eyes white dragon probrably has more support cards now than it ever did in, "The old days." Blue eyes white dragon is just about the strongest two sac i know as far as atk and i don't think the new cards are ever going to replace her. (Its a girl, a shocker yes.)

The old cards really took alot of skill to use, I'm sorry but anyone who can get out perfectly ultimate great moth or Gate Guardian and actually WIN must be the most skilled duelist ever.

There are easier ways to get out strong monsters these days and alot more choices about which ones you can do it with too, thats why i like the newer cards.
Back to top Go down
Rand
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
Rand

Male

Number of posts : 253

Miscellaneous
DC: 1022

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 17:50

Yata is and always will be the strongest card and it just so happens to be an old card and Raigeki/harpies feather duster run a close second
all are old cards which are incredibly powerful all i would use if they were not baned in any deck
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 18:57

I only started playing Yu-Gi-Oh recently so it's hard for me to imagine the game without Synchro Summoning.

Was it more fun or varied before the advent of Synchro summoning?
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 19:25

yes it was more varied but I'm speaking from back when Chaos had just been baned but i think i saw a lot more of a variety in the decks that won the tournaments than I see now.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 19:56

By the way, this topic is in the wrong section.

What was Chaos?
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 20:06

Chaos Emperor Dragon and
Black Luster Solder and
chaos sorcerer and light and dark monsters to bring them out
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 20:14

Why did they ban chaos sorcerer in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 20:20

I think there are two reasons cards get banned.

1. The people who made the cards realized they were much too powerful and people found unfair loopholes in the game.

2. When the cards get banned, people have to give up that strategy and go buy new cards.

Most of the time, old strategys are still around except there are now drawbacks, such as rageki is still around except now its called lightning vortex, both do the same thing but lightning vortex makes the user discard a card.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 20:25

-Totally didn't move your topic because it was in the wrong spot ._.-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 20:28

i don't think chaos sorc was ever baned but the other 2 were much much much more powerful than sorc so it greatly depleated the decks power
Lightning vortex is not the same as Raigeki it does not kill face downs but other wise does serve the same purpos
Back to top Go down
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:19

The most unhindered and infamous trap thats still lurkin in peoples decks is Mirror Force.

Then for monsters i'd say blue eyes white dragon is in almost every deck known to man.

As for magics i don't know.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:22

Rand wrote:
i don't think chaos sorc was ever baned but the other 2 were much much much more powerful than sorc so it greatly depleated the decks power
Chaos Sorcerer was banned until the March list of this year. I can't remember the reason why though ._.

Joshua Daylight wrote:
Then for monsters i'd say blue eyes white dragon is in almost every deck known to man.
lolwut. Since when has anyone used Blue-Eyes? Aside from way back when of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:23

I don't have Blue-Eyes in any of my decks.
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:32

since when was Blue-Eyes in just about every deck known to man? Blue-Eyes has almost no support cards anyways... I didnt know Burst Stream of Destruction counts as more than 1 support card. Blue-Eyes White Dragons are shot because they have no support and are so easy to take down.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:36

Blue-Eyes Support:

White Stone Of Legend
Kaibaman
Paladin of White Dragon
Summoner's Art
Ancient Rules
Burst Stream of Destruction
Dark Factory of Mass production
Dragon's Mirror
Flute of Summoning Dragon
Darkness Metal Dragon
Future Fusion
Birthright

The first that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:40

really Hannibal? XD I actually meant cards that deal directly with Blue-Eyes, not indirectly. So with what you gave 3 total for Blue-Eyes: Burst Stream of Destruction, Kaibaman, and White Stone Legend

on edit: 4 thanks to Rand, didnt think of Paladin cause the only ritual monster ive ever liked was Black Luster Soldier. I can honestly say that ive never used a ritual monster on kcvds because they fail in comparison to so many cards

Last edited by svstar34 on 2009-10-20, 22:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:47

svs paladin of white dragon deals directly with blue eyes and Hannibal mentioned it
Back to top Go down
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:50

Well if you've ever seen a pack of amatuer duelists all in one spot, you can almost guaruntee every one of them has at least one blue-eyes, dark magician and one if not all egyptian god cards.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 21:51

I'll grade the next few articles for AW tomorrow, but just one question, is this an article for AW or a topic?
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Phoenix Enforcer
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Number of posts : 108

Miscellaneous
DC: 1850

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 22:09

He had posted in the events section then Kiyo moved it here lmao.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 22:24

Blue-Eyes has a lot of support; direct or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 22:26

An AW, thats what i made it for. Did i do something wrong? =(
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 22:28

lol don't worry about it.

=> Moved to Article section, and added [] in between AW.
Will grade tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Joshua Daylight

Joshua Daylight

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-20, 22:31

Thanks. =)
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty2009-10-21, 21:33

Joshua Daylight wrote:
The most unhindered and infamous trap thats still lurkin in peoples decks is Mirror Force.
As for magics i don't know.

I would say the best trap would have to be Torrential Tribute. more easily usable than Mirror Force which has lost a lot of power in this format.

most used spell is probably heavy storm or brain control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AW] Sticking to the oldies.   [AW] Sticking to the oldies. Empty

Back to top Go down

[AW] Sticking to the oldies.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light Duel Academy :: YGO TCG Information :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Articles-
Jump to:  
Poll
What do you think of this Christmas/Holiday theme change idea?
I think it's a fantastic idea and we should do it!
[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_lcap59%[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Eh... it's okay, but I don't really care.
[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_lcap32%[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
I don't really like it.
[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_lcap9%[AW] Sticking to the oldies. I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar