Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think of this Christmas/Holiday theme change idea?
I think it's a fantastic idea and we should do it!
Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_lcap59%Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
Eh... it's okay, but I don't really care.
Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_lcap32%Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
I don't really like it.
Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_lcap9%Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-15, 11:15

Click here, this is the theme.

Well, um, i think i'll make a tutorial ._.

1) First of all, be sure to make a backup file of your current skin. To do so, go to: Admin Panel>Display>Syles>Themes Management>Export your Theme>Ok, and keep the file safe somewhere.

2) Apply the skin (If you like it, Aster) by clicking on the link and insert the LDA forum Address in the apposite box.

3) Change the Main banner.

4) If you want an awesome snow effect on the home page, go to Admin Panel>Display>Home Page>Generalities>Homepage Message, and insert this:
Code:
<script src="http://s2.wordpress.com/wp-content/plugins/snow/snowstorm.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

'kay That's all. Full complete Christmas theme, happy?
The Theme was made by me. You may request a main banner from Yuseifudo, Aster Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-15, 23:54

Hmm. That is a fantastic idea. Let's see what other members think about it first... I'll edit your post and add a poll. And this is a temporary thing right? We could do one of these things for every holiday, to make LDA a more livelier place. For example, on the holiday of Easter, we could have one of our GFX artists, like Arlin or yuseifudo33, to create a new temporary skin. Then, that skin would last for a month, and this theme would be the default theme when there are no holidays... Perhaps consider this too?

And this could lead into more things, like perhaps a "GFX Workers" group. Y'know. GFX artists that work for us? Something like that? Perhaps you can expand on this. Of course, people in this group have to have been older, active members of LDA. And these would be appointed, rather than actually have tryouts and stuff.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Rand
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
Rand

Male

Number of posts : 253

Miscellaneous
DC: 1022

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-16, 00:19

i would vote but there is not its a terrible idea option. they did something similar over at DAD Academy and it gave me and some other users major lag and what not from the falling snowflakes that the site was near unusable.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-16, 01:07

Well, there aren't any animations on these. It'll just be a plain skin, like this one. o.o

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
alexandros58
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
alexandros58

Male

Number of posts : 113

Miscellaneous
DC: 655

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-16, 07:02

This is a really nice idea but unfortunatelly i can't see your job Arlin cause I can'y understand the steps!!!
Well either way, still a nice idea, LDA's atmosphaire will get really nice like this.
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Number of posts : 253

Miscellaneous
DC: 1022

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-16, 09:04

ahh ok cool then
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-17, 17:04

Rand wrote:
i would vote but there is not its a terrible idea option. they did something similar over at DAD Academy and it gave me and some other users major lag and what not from the falling snowflakes that the site was near unusable.

It will be not, believe me: I tried it on my forum.

Oh, and i'm back by the way. Internet problems.
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-21, 14:04

Sorry for double posting.

So, i guess this is approved. 10 vs 1 ._.

Aster's decision, now Very Happy =D

EDIT:

Gah, we need More Active Admins.
I'm afraid that LDA will fail.... all school's fault. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-23, 03:57

Egh. Calm down, Arlin. :p You've been doing it everywhere.

Anyways, it's approved. I'll fix it up now.

EDIT: Just kidding; I don't have permission to edit the theme that way. If you could give me a download, I could do it by importing the skin..

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-23, 08:34

Really? I used it only on my forum and suggested it only there o.o

Did you see the theme anywhere else?

Anyways, File theme: http://www.mediafire.com/?djvjdumguwz
Just remember to make a backup file first.

- Âяℓïñ™ - wrote:
1) First of all, be sure to make a backup file of your current skin. To do so, go to: Admin Panel>Display>Syles>Themes Management>Export your Theme>Ok, and keep the file safe somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-25, 18:35

Aster Phoenix wrote:

EDIT: Just kidding; I don't have permission to edit the theme that way.

Lucky for me you said that, now it's my move to edit it...

Had to save the backup of the CSS otherwise, I'd have to resort to a new skin. xD

I'll put your skin up Arlin, and customize it a bit myself as well.^^
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty2009-12-26, 18:01

Well, another topic is open for suggestions, so closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion   Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Completely changing: Christmas Theme Suggestion
Page 1 of 1