Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barbaros vs Skill drain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darkcolonel

Male

Number of posts : 6

Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty
PostSubject: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 02:26

hi ^^

my question :

if i tribute 3 monster to use the second effct of barbaros.. and skill drain is actife in field ? what happen ? if the answer is nothing from barbaros.. then if i use book of moon or interdemonsional matter transporter on him .. he resolve his effct .. right ? i guess ...
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 02:43

If Skill Drain is active, his effect wont ever happen... plain and simple, Skill Drain negates his effect
Back to top Go down
darkcolonel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 02:49

yah but he still activ his effct .. then if using book of moon for exmple on barbaros .. his no-longer face-up in the field.. so he resolve his effct .
Back to top Go down
kneil_20
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
kneil_20

Male

Number of posts : 701

Miscellaneous
DC: 1985

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 03:31

Card text says it all

Skill Drain wrote:

Pay 1000 Life Points. As long as this card remains on the field, the effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field are negated.

To answer your question "YES" he will resolve as long it is no longer face-up in the field
Back to top Go down
darkcolonel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 03:42

its about resolving.. i mean skill drain not prevent activation of effct .. skill drain prevent the resolution of the effct .. so i still can use book of moon after activation to make my barbaros face down.. like this skill drain cant negat barbaros effct to resolve .. and he can then destroying all card of the openent.

ok thnx ^^
Back to top Go down
kneil_20
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
kneil_20

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 04:19

you got me confused with your english to put it more clearly

3 Monsters and A face up skill drain your turn tribute summone barbaros, and chained BoM to the effect

Chain 1 - Barbaros(Mandatory)
Chain 2 - Book of Moon

resolves backwards
Chain 2 - Book of Moon Flips Barbaros face down
Chain 1 - Since Barbaros is no longer face up it will not be negated by skill drain,thus destroying all your opponents cards.
Back to top Go down
darkcolonel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-01-06, 04:39

that what i want like a answer Smile

thnx a lot for your time Wink
Back to top Go down
wakokoXD
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
wakokoXD

Male

Number of posts : 255

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-02-03, 02:03

i think its "yes"

his effect was

You can Tribute 3 monsters to Tribute Summon this card. When you do, destroy all cards your opponent controls.

the controller still has its effect..

just like monarchs their effect was activated when they are successfully summoned

controller still has priority

note: "skill drain only affects what is already on the field .. it doesnt negate effects which are an ignition when summoned (monarchs, sniper hunter brionac, DAD , barbaros"
even the opponent uses BOTTOMLESS TRAPHOLE to RFG a monster with ignitio effects the monster will be removed but the controller of the monster still has priority and he can use the monster's effect

i hope this helps =)

correct me if i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/getyourgameon
kneil_20
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
kneil_20

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty2010-02-03, 12:12

wakuku wrote:
it doesnt negate effects which are an ignition when summoned (monarchs, sniper hunter brionac, DAD , barbaros"

Hold up!!!! got me confused there

Skill Drain negates ignition effects too!!! snipe,brioniac,DAD,barbaros any effects that "resolve" "face-up" in the field.

but skill drain will not negate the "cost" so if you summoned DAD and attempt to use its effect you have to pay the cost first before activating it but its effect will be negated by skill drain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbaros vs Skill drain   Barbaros vs Skill drain Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbaros vs Skill drain
Page 1 of 1