Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules and procedures?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

Rules and procedures? Empty
PostSubject: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty2009-03-24, 04:13

Hey just wondering what kind of rules go along with the DC system.

As an example, I dueled Aster without actually knowing I was dueling him for DC.

Is is anytime a duelist in the academy duels another one? Or does their need to be consent that it is an official DC duel?

I ask this just because I was testing out a new deck and While it was a 100% fair and valid duel and I don't think any DC needs to be deducted; I wouldn't have dueled Aster with that deck if I had known it was for DC.

So yes, not mad, or anything like that. Just think that there needs to be consent that it is a DC duel before the duel starts. Or else things may get ugly when the academy opens up.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty2009-03-24, 19:47

Is is anytime a duelist in the academy duels another one?
Yes, you can duel anyone anytime, if that's what you're asking. o.o

Or does their need to be consent that it is an official DC duel?
Nope, no consent is required. Although you can choose to WAGE off your own DC in the duel, and have like winners take all, or whatever you want. But no, you do not need consent for Official, although you CAN say it's unofficial. If nothing is said, it's taken that it's official.

I ask this just because I was testing out a new deck and While it was a 100% fair and valid duel and I don't think any DC needs to be deducted; I wouldn't have dueled Aster with that deck if I had known it was for DC.
You don't get deducted any points if you have lost a match. The other person just gets DC.

So yes, not mad, or anything like that. Just think that there needs to be consent that it is a DC duel before the duel starts. Or else things may get ugly when the academy opens up.
Well, as I've said, you can choose for the duel to be unofficial, but there is no rule for you having to say it's official. Also, why would it get ugly when the academy opens up just for duels? It's not like you'd lose points for losing the duel.. The other person just gains DC. So, as you see, it wouldn't hurt the loser in any way.

Well, I hope this cleared it up for you. As for other rules, you can just look at the post Ace made about the DC system. Merry/Happy Dueling! =]

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Tharyan
Tester
Tester
Tharyan

Male

Number of posts : 209

Miscellaneous
DC: 1150

PostSubject: Re: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty2009-03-24, 23:31

My concern would be for relatively new members.

If they just get into the academy they start looking around after a day or two, and come across the topic, "I beat you." Some people take that as a slap to the face, and would get angry saying that they didn't know.

But no, you do not need consent for Official, although you CAN say it's unofficial. If nothing is said, it's taken that it's official.
Um this won't work, at all, ever. My point is that as I stated above, are you expecting us to memorize the entire roster? I personally don't want to have any official duels without knowing so.

It would be like you sitting at a table playing cards, a new guy comes and sits down and beats you in a hand. Then announces that he has won and is part of your group. You had no idea. Yeah you don't loose anything out of it, but it is still a bit of a slap to the face as far as pride.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty2009-03-24, 23:48

Oh, so you're saying that people may feel offended for the post saying the opponent won? Well, then I'm afraid you'll have to discuss this with Ace, as I don't think of loses this way. When I lose, I think of it as something to overcome, to be better, to get better. Anyways, personally I believe it's easy to just say "I want this to be an unofficial game for no DC." But, if you think otherwise, you should discuss it with Ace, as I believe most others do not have a problem with this

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty2009-03-25, 00:16

Oh fine. Confirmation is no longer needed. Although if I find someone has posted false duel results, he/she gets the DC earned, subtracted from the total, as double the amount won at the time.

Eg, You win 80 DC
Cashed
False duel

-160 DC for ya
If I saw the duel happening via HAM you can't tell me you never dueled the guy otherwise you get the - DC instead of him.

Also, from now on you must say that you are dueling for DC, otherwise DC cannot be counted. All ya got to do is say it and a DC duel starts.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and procedures?   Rules and procedures? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules and procedures?
Page 1 of 1