Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Site Seggestion Again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ligerkun11
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ligerkun11

Male

Number of posts : 78

Miscellaneous
DC: 2025

Site Seggestion Again Empty
PostSubject: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 01:02

I think that Slifer, Ra, And Obelisk should ALSO be allowed to host their own OFFICIAL tournys.
Dont really have a "why" tho lol

If this happends i believe that these rules should be applied

RULES
- You may only post a tourny
Slifer- Every 4 Weeks (approxematly a month)
Ra- Every 3 Weeks
Obelisk- Every 3 Weeks (no that is not a typo and should not be 2 weeks)
Why for this rule
- we dont want a tourny every five seconds and people join so many
that they get overwelmed with missing their duels (personal experience)

RULES
- You must pay a fee for your tournys
Slifer- 2000 DC
Ra- 3000 DC (not a typo)
Obelisk- 2132 DC (lmao)

Why for this rule
- As i said before we dont want tournys ALL the time.
But another reason for this much DC is that it accomodates to asters new rule
Which i did post on and is not giving up on that
So people have time to earn the DC that they need

The Freaking Fawking Falco (SSBB + SSBM ftw) foolish (barriel?) phoenix (tht doesnt even start with the letter f) fuktastic (did u really just make that up?) END
Back to top Go down
solbro4
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
solbro4

Male

Number of posts : 66

Miscellaneous
DC: 1625

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 01:10

i like this idea for tounry for dorms becuz ppl will have the choice to enter meet more ppl and have fun.
And also i would think that the would get sum of the DC collected as a prize... make a prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd and also the winner is name champ untill he/she is defeated
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 01:28

yeah, so..everyone wants to start a tourney..the thing is that not everyone knows how to do it and it could get out of control, adn as you said, we don't want tourneys all the time, that's why only admins and dorm leaders are allowed to start tournaments. I once tried to make a tourney by gathering random ppl in beta room and I barely managed to.

If you want to host a tournament you can ask ace, maybe he'll make you the new ra leader since metal has been inactive lately.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 01:39

Look here's the thing. You can already. Dorm leaders can host tournaments. So, if you want to host your tournaments, just ask your dorm leader, and they will host them in your dorm. They just won't be official tournaments. If they need DC awards they have to ask an admin. It's already happening. You can always suggest tournaments to your dorm leader.

And Metal's taking a break. But he'll be back in a while maybe. And no, we will not hire a new dorm leader, aj. xD

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Ligerkun11
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ligerkun11

Male

Number of posts : 78

Miscellaneous
DC: 2025

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 04:48

aj6666 wrote:
yeah, so..everyone wants to start a tourney..the thing is that not everyone knows how to do it and it could get out of control, adn as you said, we don't want tourneys all the time, that's why only admins and dorm leaders are allowed to start tournaments. I once tried to make a tourney by gathering random ppl in beta room and I barely managed to.

If you want to host a tournament you can ask ace, maybe he'll make you the new ra leader since metal has been inactive lately.

yea ok. but you say in BETA ROOM. who said anything about beta room? im talkin right here at
LDA- Light Duel Academy
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 12:53

My point is that hosting a tourney is not something easy, and an LDA tournament is way harder to host than a beta room one since it requires preparation for special rulles and all... in beta romm all you have to do is say "join this netwrok..." and wait.

And even if hosting a tourney at LDA would be easy, we can't just allow anyone to stat a tourney since it'd go out of control...that's why grace closed the tourney you tried to start.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 12:57

And since we all get the point now, this suggestion has been DENIED, and it will now be CLOSED. Very Happy

-Closed-

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 13:00

Okay, here's the thing.

All you need to do, is ask. That's it! You don't go through some super special awesome process for hosting a tourney...that's stupid!

Everyone wants to host a tourney. What you need to think about when hosting a tourney is that it needs to be very well thought out, you know my tourney? I created it in Notepad about a month ago, that's why it's so freakin' long!

When hosting a tourney, you need to be unbiased, you don't ban a deck because you don't like it, you must provide an adequate reason for it, and if the majority of people are against it, then it's gone.

I don't know what you were thinking when you hosted that tourney, who do you think would cash in the DC?

Hosting a tourney isn't easy, it takes a lot of hard time and consideration, you have to be able to keep everything organized and be able to handle a situation or conflict between duelists without choosing sides or without providing a legitimate reason as to why you did what you did.

That's all I'm saying man. =/

Just had to put that in there. Very Happy

Last edited by Grace on 2009-07-02, 13:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 13:01

CRAP FORGOT TO CLOSE. Oh well, Grace made her point too. Anyways, NOW it's closed. ^^

Stupid, my name is Grace, not Ace. -.-
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 13:01

Edited and Censored.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty2009-07-02, 13:03

Triple post: Gee, I should have Grace write my essays. =.=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Seggestion Again   Site Seggestion Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Seggestion Again
Page 1 of 1