Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a new idea for duels

Go down 
+3
Kikyo Maaka
Grace
Chaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Number of posts : 91

Miscellaneous
DC: 1875

a new idea for duels Empty
PostSubject: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-06, 13:51

i think this site should use some vent (short for Ventrilo) servers. so we can actually talk while we're in duels. or some other free service.

just a thought
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/shikamaru1492
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-06, 13:54

Okay, I'm stupid, so explain this to me, what do you mean, "so we can actually talk while we're in duels"? There is a chatbox on KCVDS. xP
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-06, 14:16

Grace wrote:
Okay, I'm stupid, so explain this to me, what do you mean, "so we can actually talk while we're in duels"? There is a chatbox on KCVDS. xP
At first I thought he meant that too.

He means speaking normally (like, through a microphone-type thingy), not using a chatbox. This is taking I found the right meaning of "Ventrilo server" on Wiki ._. If not, then yeah, there's a chatbox on KCVDS, like Grace pointed out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-06, 14:37

Oh I see. That's an interesting idea for sure, but not everyone is obligated to do this, I don't think it's necessary to hear how the other person sounds like to have a good duel, but maybe not everyone can download it or whatever. =/
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-06, 21:25

Here's what I think, not that it matters: If you want this, you could have your friends here on LDA or your opponent download it if they want, but the LDA admins don't have the authority to force all of our members to download it. I don't know how this Vintrilo thing works, but according to what I hear it's some sort of thing that allows you to talk through microphones. You can have your opponent do it if you and he/she both agree. Also, not everyone has microphones installed on their computer/laptop, so.. yeah.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-07, 22:38

I completely agree with all of you. Im not suggesting that anyone force the LDA members to Download anything i just think it's a nice change dueling someone like Above the Creed where we just hit 1 button rather then typing a whole sentence.
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-07, 22:41

Also Kikyo Maaka is right; a ventrilo server is a microphone-type thingy. Sorry i could have made that a bit more clear in my first post
Back to top Go down
Breakaway
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Breakaway

Male

Number of posts : 144

Miscellaneous
DC: 250

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-08, 08:11

I kinda like that idea ive goten into a bunch of arguments with some members about them useing MST to destroy Lightning Vortex witch it dose not negate and then i ssend them a link on ham about spell speeds and its just to time concuming if there was a microphone thing it would make it A LOT easyer to argu and im sure they have voice Scramblers for those of you who are worried about privacy issues lol so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Marik
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
Marik

Male

Number of posts : 7

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-12, 22:29

wow people don't know the difference between negate and destroy. To have a mic during dueling that's kinda fun, Blue-eyes white lighting attack!
Back to top Go down
Chaz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Chaz

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-12, 23:42

ok so me and creed decided to rent a server and make a shop for renting out our ventrilo server. we figure the first week will be free as like a testing week so you can download Ventrilo at ventrilo.com and pm me for any question on how to use it, what to download, and how to get on the server(or anything else about it really.

we haven't decided on the prices yet so like i said before it's boing to be free for right now. you're going to need a microphone or head set to be able to talk back and forth though.
Back to top Go down
Above the Creed
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Above the Creed

Male

Number of posts : 18

Miscellaneous
DC: 300

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty2009-07-13, 00:51

Here's the link to the shop: link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a new idea for duels   a new idea for duels Empty

Back to top Go down

a new idea for duels
Page 1 of 1