Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Armor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mxhawk1
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
mxhawk1

Male

Number of posts : 93

Miscellaneous
DC: 575

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-04-08, 01:45

Hey everyone, I lost in the tourney to Tharyan =/ but this deck I've created I have decided will be my signature deck. Seeing as I lost though I obviously need improvements. My theme is the armor series cards and the my focus is to get my armor monsters on the field, especially armor head.

Well here is my current deck, but I am working on alterations constantly, so I may need to repost or make a new article later.

Monsters:
Psychic Armor Head X1
Active Guard Armor X1
Double Cloth Armor X3
Burning Knuckle X3
Big Bang Blow X3
Trap Buster X3
OverBoost X3
Giant Rat X3
Snipe Hunter X1

Magic:
Full Gravitation Armor X2
Gravitation Armor X2
Foolish Burial X2
Heart of Clear Water X2
Monster Reincarnation X2
Monster Reborn X1
Card Destruction X1
Mystical Space Typhoon X1
Giant Trunade X1

Trap:
Magnet Armor X3
Barrel Behind the Door X2
Dark Bribe X2
Damage Condenser X2
Mirror Force X1

Side Deck:
Monsters- Breaker the Magical Warrior, Marshmallon, Treeborn Frog, Spirit Reaper
Magic- Heart of Clear Water, Heavy Storm, Swords of Revealing Light, Data Brain (2)
Trap- Solemn Judgement (3), Trap of Darkness (2), Magic Cylinder
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-04-09, 11:10

nice deck, armors are allways verry powerefu, but you don't need snipe hunter in it, it's not an armor monster, it wong give any DEF to active guard armor or will be protected by trap buster. I hate when ppl use that card on decks that have nothing to do with it, it's simply a bronken card that should be banned.
Back to top Go down
mxhawk1
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
mxhawk1

Male

Number of posts : 93

Miscellaneous
DC: 575

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-04-09, 12:16

Yea, Snipe is just kinda thrown in there =[ I actually already took him out lol. But thanks.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
Ra Dorm Leader/Alchemical Master
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Number of posts : 1859

Miscellaneous
DC: 780

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-25, 22:28

I think Snipe should still be in there. It's powerful, and should be taken use of until it gets banned, because it probably will.

It doesn't matter if a card is broken, as long as there's drawbacks or reasons it isn't banned, it's fine.\

So I conclude that Snipe hunter should still be there.

Also, I'm not good with armor decks, but would a Sangan work? Natural searcher, works in many decks.

One more thing, Torrential tribute might work, as it works in most decks. Don't know about armor decks.

Just my few cents.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-25, 22:33

FullMetalAlchemist wrote:
I think Snipe should still be in there. It's powerful, and should be taken use of until it gets banned, because it probably will.

It doesn't matter if a card is broken, as long as there's drawbacks or reasons it isn't banned, it's fine.\

I have to disagree with this, skilled duelists don't trows a broken card in they don't need them, if you need a broken card like snipe hunter or CCV to win then you don't win by your own skills, you win by that card's skills.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-25, 22:38

Really. You still had the skill to play your cards up to that point. Such as Snipe Hunter. Yeah, it's broken all right. So what? If you played it at the wrong time, you can get screwed. Just like all other broken cards that aren't banned. You gotta know the right time and right way to play your cards. So technically, it's still the duelist's skills. Even if a single card helped out a lot.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-25, 22:55

not so hard, snipe hunter must be played when you need to get rid of any card your oponent controls and you can't destroy it any other way or when you're about to win but you need to get rid of your opp's face-down.

CCV is even more ovius: just play it when your oponent summons a monster that can screw you, you can use any card like malicius or sangan to activate it and your oponent won't play a strong mosnter in a long time.

You can win with a terrible deck just by trowing these cards in, I never use those cards, I don't need them to make a good game, and I'd rater lose than winig with those cards help.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-25, 23:43

That's not true. Terrible decks are terrible decks. They're just that. Even with throwing in just a snipe hunter and a CCV you can't just win. You need at least a decent deck to have a chance. Snipe hunter isn't just used to rid any cards, and if you have a crappy luck streak, you're really likely to get screwed. That's the limitation for Snipe hunter, as well as the discarding.

CCV, I was never talking about CCV but anyways. There are, yes, many cards that CCV can be used on, but it is a trap card, making it vulnerable to many cards. Also, even though there are many cards with CCV, not many are usually put into decks. Staples such as Sangan for mostly any decks, night assailant for a few decks, malicious for destiny hero decks, etc are put, but the majority are not, mainly because they are not useful. Therefore, that is the limitation of CCV. Also, I know how hard it is to draw a CCV when you need it, I once had a virus control deck.

Since the broken cards are usually limited anyways, they're very hard to draw. seriously, first hand is 6/40 usually which is about 1/6. then the rest is 1/34 which is very hard. It is hard to draw a single card that you ened in the right time, unless you have Atem's heart of the cards.

Therefore, broken cards = limited = hard to draw = limitations = it's fine to have in a deck. There is still skill in the deck, just that you need a little bit less skill. I have nothing else to say for now.

My few cents.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-26, 02:50

snipe hunter is easy to get in the field by the effect of mistic tomato and sangan. aslo the chances of failing are 2/6=1/3, so the succes chances are higher, and if you fail, you can allways try again, after all, you just need to take care of your oponent's mirror force since you sure have a monster to destroy your oponent's monster and win. Also, I've lost thousands of times due to that card.

About CCV, it can still be found in many decks, and malicius can be found in many decks because of it's effect, so all you need is to have it in the grave to summon the other one and get it. You can also get it by a cat of lil omen witch can also be tributed for that card, I've also lost many times because of that card, and yes, it was trown there.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-26, 18:47

Fine. Look at it this way. Just because a card can make the finishing blow, it should be banned? You should bann Heavy storm while you're at it. Also, what if your opponent had more than 1 facedown? You're likely to discard around 3 cards. If you need to make a finishing blow, you usually have less than 3 cards left in your hand, unless you have got extreme draw power. Also, Snipe hunter is 1500 attack, making it vulnerable to a Bottomless Trap Hole, which are commonly run, and CCV, which we are also arguing about. And again, if you need a finishing blow, can't giant trunade also do the same thing?

Anyways, back to CCV. Okay CCV destroys all monsters over 1500 attack. But don't forget. It only lasts for 3 turns. Therefore, a swords of revealing light can even stall untill the time is over. Also, weak monsters are unaffected by the effect. With this being true, that would mean that you can still use cards like, I don't know, Wildheart? (it is unaffected by traps). Simple creature removal like Man-eater bug and Vindictive magician. Draw cards like Morphing Jar. Also, tell me how often you see people run Cat of Ill Omen to search CCV and have the Cat survive to be tribute fodder for CCV? I never see that happening. I don't even see people losing just because of a simple CCV. It's three turns. That's easy to survive.

My few cents.

P.S. Sorry if I'm sounding repetitive, I'm not thinking very brightly today.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-26, 18:57

heavy stomr's and giant turade's power cannot be compared to CCV, all they do is destroying cards, and they also destroy/return yours, and if your oponent has monsters, then you can't make and ending blow that easly. Also they can be negate by dark bribe, while snipe hunter cant, anslo, 3 cards in your hand is enought to screw your oponent.

Wildhearth is just used on E-heros deck, so that doesn't counts. 1500 and less ATK monsters are rare, and they are only used for they're effects, mustly summoning strong monsters, so that can screw you completly, also, CCV can be chained to mistical space thyphoon or heavy storm, so it's not that vulnerable.

Also, I don't hate the cards themselves, I hate duelists that just trow them in they're decks so they can gain some great power.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty2009-05-26, 19:20

Bright, eh? You never were in the first place.

Anyways, what you guys are arguing about is a matter of perspective. True, Snipe hunter is a banned card. For reasons, it should be banned. Snipe hunter has, I agree, a cheap effect. With the cost, you're allowed to destroy any card on the field. True, you have to discard a card and roll a dice, but if you think about it, 4/6 chances are it's going to be successful. The odds aren't really against you.

Now.. Crush card. Crush card is, indeed a card with a nice effect. This has, at certain times, cost me the duel. And Metal, if you say "3 turns is easy to survive", this is not necessarily true if it's near the end of the duel. 3 turns can do a lot, especially if you run decks that are based on strong cards. Crush card makes it so your only options in bringing out a strong monster is by bringing it directly from the deck or from the grave, which isn't that easy, depending on the circumstances.

And, I don't agree with "Terrible decks are terrible decks." It can be made better, and it can be used well, by a good duelist.

Also, you state that Snipe hunter is a "Broken" card. Yet you state that it shouldn't be banned. A "broken" card is a card that is considered to be too powerful. A banned card is banned because it is overpowering. Usually, a broken card becomes banned sooner or later. So, I really don't get that part.

Also, I agree with aj that Heavy storm and Trunade have nothing to do with this. They're technically not broken. They're commonly used, as they have nice effects, but aren't close to broken.

And as for the rest of your chat, I don't feel like responding to it.

Good day.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Armor   Battle Armor Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Armor
Page 1 of 1