Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaithain
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Zaithain

Male

Number of posts : 15

Miscellaneous
DC: 175

Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty
PostSubject: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty2009-10-03, 05:10

I was recently in a duel with a member of LDA and we began to argue on if "Grandmaster of The Six Samurai" was actually considered a Six Samurai or not. I tried using the effect of "The Six Samurai-Zanji" with "Grandmaster of The Six Samurai". I thought I was able to do this because many people I have dueled with before allowed me to and also the fact that he tried using Dust Tornado and Mystical Space Typhoon to negate the activation of my spell and trap cards but from what I have been told from other people this does not work.
One situation that occured:
I tried to negate the effect of one of my opponents spell/trap cards with "Dark Bribe" then the member said that he could negate the effect with "Mystical Space Typhoon" which he had set on the field at the time. I am not sure if this is possible or not but I would like to be told what the actual card rules are so I do not mess up anymore.
-Zaithain
Back to top Go down
Yami Yugi
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Yami Yugi

Male

Number of posts : 46

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty2009-10-03, 07:12

1- "Gradmaster of the Six Samurai" is considered a Six Samurai since he has Six Samurai in it's card name. Any effect of any other Six Samurai are applied when he is on the field. That means that Zanji get's his effect.

2- In no way MST and DT can negate a card's eff that has already been activated. Rules are that the effect of a card that has been activated is always applied unless another card immediately and specifically negates it. It doesn't matter if the card is destroyed or is in the graveyard. The effect of Dark Bribe goes through.

~Yami Yugi~
Back to top Go down
firestorm
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
firestorm

Male

Number of posts : 139

Miscellaneous
DC: 2075

PostSubject: Re: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty2009-10-03, 07:29

yes grandmaster is a six samurai and you cant chain tornado dust or MST to a counter trap card like dark bribe cuz it is spell speed 3
Back to top Go down
Zaithain
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Zaithain

Male

Number of posts : 15

Miscellaneous
DC: 175

PostSubject: Re: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty2009-10-03, 14:08

Thank you,
I had thought the member was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty2009-10-03, 15:58

Yes, those answers are correct. Grandmaster of the Six Samurai is a Six Samurai monster.

Mystical Space Typhoon cannot negate dark bribe for two reasons. First of all, MST only destroys cards. That means that it only destroys the card, but the effect is not negated. If it's activated in response to a spell speed 1 magic card, the effect of the magic card will continue, the card is just destroyed first. Also, because Dark Bribe is a spell speed 3 counter trap card, and Mystical Space Typhoon is a spell speed 2 quick-play spell card, Mystical Space Typhoon can't even be activated in response to the Dark Bribe. So, basically if you activate Dark Bribe, your opponent cannot even use mystical typhoon, let alone try to use it to negate it.

Well, question has been answered.

Topic Closed

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon   Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon Empty

Back to top Go down

Six Samurai, Dust Tornado, and Mystical Space Typhoon
Page 1 of 1