Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Closing Forum Games Temporarily

Go down 
+9
aj6666
Maximillion Pegasus
JadenYuki1
Grace
Kikyo Maaka
Unforgiven Pretender
Devilman501
FullMetalAlchemist
Aster Phoenix
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think Posting Games section should be temporarily closed?
Yes
Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_lcap50%Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 13 ]
Some
Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_lcap27%Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
No
Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_lcap23%Closing Forum Games Temporarily I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty
PostSubject: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 00:30

Alright, Ace wanted a vote to see how many people want to close the forum games. We're thinking of closing it, because some members have been abusing this for spamming/high post purposes.

Also, these games prevent many members from looking at important topics and causes lack of participation. Everyone goes directly to the Posting section and every day, this section goes up by over 200 posts.

This section can also be used to abuse the process of going up in ranks. To rise ranks, you need a certain amount of posts, which is suppose to show activity and participation. Instead, people come here to easily attain the post requirement to go up in rank.

Removing these games would also help everyone focus more on the "Academy" part of LDA, rather than just the games. These games, according to Grace, don't require any thinking to play. "You can just type in the first thing that pops into your head."

We could start by closing certain topics, one by one. And eventually have them down. But we won't delete them, so we'll allow you to keep the amount of post count you've already attained through these games.

Well, honestly, these games should be down. So everyone please take this into consideration, and in the name of god(what the hell? O.o), do what's right.

Everyone please post what you think in response to this, and place a vote.

Credits: Aster Phoenix, Grace, Ace

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
Ra Dorm Leader/Alchemical Master
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Number of posts : 1859

Miscellaneous
DC: 780

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 00:43

Although I'm an abuser, I'd vote yes, because it is being abused.
Back to top Go down
Devilman501
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Devilman501

Male

Number of posts : 128

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 01:20

Delete every topic in this forum section, and each post. Should knock down everyone's posts a bit, and only those truly abusing it will be hurt by it. My suggestion.

Otherwise, yes close it down.
Back to top Go down
http://scholarsacademy.forumotion.com/index.htm
FullMetalAlchemist
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 01:22

Nah. Deleting every topic would be a bad idea. Yes I'm partly saying this because I would lose a lot of posts. But mostly because I put a lot of time into these games, and if you delete all the topics, then most of the posts for the overall post count for the whole academy would go down. And none of us wants that.
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 03:03

I would say:

Lock everything where you dont have to think about.
So, I would keep some topics open, like atk/def game, card name game, card relation game.
Back to top Go down
Kikyo Maaka
Lv1 Troll
Lv1 Troll
Kikyo Maaka

Female

Number of posts : 883

Miscellaneous
DC: 635

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 03:22

Well, I know for sure some of the games should be closed, because of how easy it is to get posts off of them. (Even though I post in them myself haha Razz) As a note, deleting them won't help, I know three people who that'd have a huge effect on for post count. (Aster, Metal, Mortal... XD) Actually, a lot of people's post count would be affected Razz

As mentioned though, the games that require some thinking should be kept open, or be the last ones to be closed.

I'm voting for "some" in the poll though XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kikyomaaka
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 13:14

I rather all of them be closed, but the idea of having any of them deleted is out of the question, Ace says that no topic should be deleted and that any Admin that does will be...err...punished I guess, they all go into the Archive section, so yeah, no deleting... XD

I voted "Yes" becaues of all of the reasons Aster mentioned and that I contributed to. xP
Back to top Go down
JadenYuki1

JadenYuki1

Female

Number of posts : 293

Miscellaneous
DC: 2750

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 13:51

YES SIR
Back to top Go down
Maximillion Pegasus
Creator of Duel Monsters
Creator of Duel Monsters
Maximillion Pegasus

Male

Number of posts : 1164

Miscellaneous
DC: 4105

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 13:59

I dont know how much my opionion counts but it is true that the posting games are the more important thing for people and that includes me as abuser as my sudden rise from nothing to number 5 or 4 i dont remember in the top posters is largely attributed to the posting games. So I think little by little we can take them out but some of them can stay agreeing with Unforgiven Pretender the games that require thinking should stay at least because I'll admit I have fun spamming sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 14:09

LOL, I see that some members are trying to get their last few spam posts in, and yeah, it's okay to spam, sorta... O_O But once this place gets even bigger we will definitely have to be taking the games down regardless of what the public says. Sounds mean...XD

I just think that you guys can think of better topics, like putting topics in the Off-Topic section, all of those, "What's Your Favorite...?" things, and other stuff. xP Just something to think about...
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 16:18

Alright. Most members have given in their thoughts. Since the majority of you agree with us Admins, the closing of topics will commence. I will begin by locking a few that should definitely be out. Some, I'll leave up to Grace/Ace.

And yeah I've noticed it too, Grace. Razz People are still posting. Haha

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 21:16

This is great Aster, we should leave it as it is for now. Very Happy Now when I look at the Lates Topics I don't just see the games... o.o

So yeah, it's okay for now. ^^
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-06, 22:03

Aster Phoenix wrote:
Alright. Most members have given in their thoughts.

Hey I havent talked yet...

Posting games atact a lot of peopole, and it also makes peopole stay, if they weren't games my bro would had left the academy a long time ago, actualy he wouldn't evem had joined. You remember I said I wasn't going to saty in the academy for a long time when I joined? Well actualy the games are one of the reasons why I satyed.

However, some games are just being spammed to much, so I'm voting as "some" I think games that are realted with cards (duel cards game, atk/def game and card realtion game) should stay open, but games like the ban game, the guess game, the oposite game, the dueling game, the ^<v game and specialy the random game should be closed. The title game is cool, I think we can leave that one open for a while. Also the rating games (rate above's user signature/joke) should allways stay open, since those are not verry spamish.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 01:16

Ah. Sorry bout that AJ. And yeah I agree they attract members. Why don't you give us some suggestions on what to leave up/put down.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Lord
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Lord

Male

Number of posts : 57

Miscellaneous
DC: 590

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 06:03

I have voted "YES" !
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 15:16

Pay more atention when you read my posts aster.

aj6666 wrote:
However, some games are just being spammed to much, so I'm voting as "some" I think games that are realted with cards (duel cards game, atk/def game and card realtion game) should stay open, but games like the ban game, the guess game, the oposite game, the dueling game, the ^<v game and specialy the random game should be closed. The title game is cool, I think we can leave that one open for a while. Also the rating games (rate above's user signature/joke) should allways stay open, since those are not verry spamish.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalAlchemist
FullMetalAlchemist

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 16:52

Lol you should probably delete your previous post. You double posted xD
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 16:54

Deleted it for him, you have to put the stupid, "quotation marks", when you quote people. xP
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 18:01

aj6666 wrote:
Pay more atention when you read my posts aster.
Yeah I meant any else. Lol

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-07, 20:20

nah, I thing the ones I said are ok.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-08, 20:01

Alright. Razz I agree with most of them.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-08, 20:07

I have bad feelings about this.

Fine though, I won't change the member's favoring, though LDA still should be different. None other academies are like LDA, at least it's nice, and listens to the people who actually runs the community.

You guyz Razz
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-08, 20:15

Haha. Well, this was originally Grace's idea. So don't blame me. I don't lead. I follow Razz. You guys give the commands. And I carry them out. Haha

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-08, 21:15

Stupid Ace, we're gonna do everything my way because I said so!!! >.<

Oh yeah, and, uh, I guess we can get the community's opinion too... >.>

And LDA is different because we have a total loser as its creator!
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty2009-06-09, 00:31

Lmao. Nice going, Grace O.o

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closing Forum Games Temporarily   Closing Forum Games Temporarily Empty

Back to top Go down

Closing Forum Games Temporarily
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next