Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JadenYuki1

JadenYuki1

Female

Number of posts : 293

Miscellaneous
DC: 2750

Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty
PostSubject: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-06-19, 00:36

Today, I will be talking about the deck of Dark Gaia OTK. I will be discussing the strengths and weaknesses of this deck as well as a few other things.

Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article EvilHeroDarkGaiaDP06-EN-C

The Evil hero dark gaia otk is used to destroy your opponent as quick as possible. There are many combos you can use to achieve the perfect OTK. The goal is to summon Gaia with two powerful rock and fiend monsters. This deck may possible be a nightmare to the opponent if he/she is not ready for it. That is why it is banned in most tournaments.

The main goal of this deck is to get Dark Gaia on the field as quick as possible. There are alternative goals as well, but the one you are trying to achieve to achieve is to bring gaia on the field. You must also have a counter for traps that your opponent throws at you.

If you are looking to construct a Gaia deck, start off with adding in 3 magical merchants. Magical merchants help you get spells such as Dark Calling and Dark Fusion. It also gets some of your monsters in your graveyard, which is a plus to dark calling. In addition to the merchants, add 2 jujista master. Jujista might not be a powerful card, but its affect is used to stall your opponent and Jujista is a rock monster. If you are looking for an OTK, than add 2 Valkaryion the Magna Warrior and 2 Dark Dreadroute. Those are the two cards you want to fuse to make your dark gaia. That will make the attack of gaia 7600. You can add a card trooper to that as well. Card trooper helps discard cards from your deck to help with Dark Calling. Earth Giant Gaia Plate is a card that I will recommend. It has 2800 attack points and its effect lets you special summon him by Removing two Rock monsters in your grave to the RFG. This can also help with fusing your gaia. Next, add 2 evil hero malicious edge. They are fiend type monsters and they fit perfectly with the OTK. You want to try to get cards to open up a strong attack for gaia, but at the same time not try to dead draw. An elemental hero stratos would also help. Stratos can get malicious in your hand which may be the card you need to get gaia on the floor. Snipe Hunter is a good option as well. Snipe is always there for when you want to get rid of a card your opponent has on the field, and to add to that it is a fiend monster. Snipe can fit pretty much for any deck. Add a morphing jar just in case your hand doesn't satisfy you. Remember, you want to get strong monsters in the grave as well, because of dark calling. An optional card I would suggest is granmarg the rock monarch. It can help you with the OTK, and at the same time help you with attack and effect. Sangan can help you get out snipe or a magical merchant. You can replace sangan with a Neo-Spacian Grand Mole or a Treeborn Frog. Treeborn frog will prevent dead draws, and since you won't be using many traps, it can help you by having an extra card on the field. Mole can help if you want to return a powerful monster back to the owner's hand. It is just like the old mole that everyone uses. =/ The last card you might want to add is Evil Hero Inferno Gainer. It can help Dark gaia if you have it on the field by letting it attack twice or help another fiend monster such as malicious. I would make it a toss up between Inferno and Jujista, whatever you are more comfortable with. So our monsters right now are:

x2 Dark dread route
x2 Valkyrion the magna warrior
x2 Earth giant gaia plate
x2 Evil hero malicious edge
x1 Elemental Hero Stratos
x2 Evil hero inferno gainer OR Jujista Master
x1 Snipe Hunter
x1 Sangan OR Neo-Spacian Grand Mole OR Treeborn Frog
x1 Card Trooper
x1 Morphing Jar
x3 Magical Merchant
x1 Granmarg the rock monarch

Now that we have our monsters, lets go into the spells we need to have in this deck. The first 2 are pretty obvious, Dark fusion and Dark Calling. You need 3 of those. Those cards are used to fuse two monsters into gaia. Dark Calling is an important card. This is the cards you will use when you use magical merchant's effect. Magical merchant will get a few monsters in the grave for you, and you need to Dark Calling that to summon a powerful Gaia. A common combo used is to use Dark Fusion first, and than use Dark Calling on those same monsters. That combo is effective, but you have to watch out for you opponent's spells and traps. The next card I will suggest is 2 Book of Moon. Book of Moon can prevent an attack of an opponent's monster. It is there just to be safe. 1 Megamorph can help this deck. Megamorph may be a dead draw sometimes, but when you get it at the right time it will help a lot. You can double Gaia's attack to finish your opponent off in most cases. It can also be used with another one of your monsters. Another card needed is Heavy Storm. Heavy storm is a pretty obvious card. You must use it to destroy your opponents facedown spells/traps. That will leave an open field for you. A card similar to heavy storm is giant trunade. Heavy storm may do more than trunade, but trunade will still clear the s/t zones for that particular turn. Lightning Vortex can help as well. One of them will be fine. Vortex can get rid of a strong monster from your hand to enable Dark calling and at the same time destroy your opponent's monsters. Like most of these cards, brain control can be a major factor. Brain control will allow you to take your opponent's monster. This can make it easier for you to initiate an attack and have an extra monster on your side. Like trunade and heavy storm, mystical space typhoon can get rid of some facedown or face up spells/traps. The best way IMO to pull typhoon is to set it on your turn, wait for your opponent to set a facedown and on their end phase, active typhoon. Your opponent will not be able to chain it. So now our spells right now are:

x3 dark fusion
x3 dark calling
x2 book of moon
x1 megamorph
x1 heavy storm
x1 giant trunade
x1 lightning vortex
x1 brain control
x1 mystical space typhoon

We have accomplished that hard part, now lets go to the easy part. We will be talking about the traps. Traps are not common in the OTK, becuase your goal is to make sure your opponent doesn't use them against you. There are only 2 necessary cards for traps. The first one is Royal Decree. It will prevent your opponent and you from using trap cards. That will benefit you, because it makes sure your attack will go without any trap disruptions. The other trap is Solemn Judgment. Solemn is a card you will see in every deck. You use it to negate cards your opponent uses against you. Try to negate the cards that are necessary, solemn is misused millions of times. -_- So now our traps are:

x2 Royal Decree
x3 Solemn Judgment

The last thing is the fusion monsters. You will have two fusion for this. The first one is Evil hero dark gaia of course. This is the main card of the whole deck. The second card is Evil hero malicious fiend. Do NOT forget this card. When you don't have any rock monsters in you grave, this can make up for it by taking two fiends. It is a powerful card as well. Use this one when you either run out of Gaia or can't summon him.

Now we have fully constructed the Evil Hero Dark Gaia. Surprised Our deck will have:

Monsters:(19)

x2 Dark dread route
x2 Valkyrion the magna warrior
x2 Earth giant gaia plate
x2 Evil hero malicious edge
x1 Elemental Hero Stratos
x2 Evil hero inferno gainer OR Jujista Master
x1 Snipe Hunter
x1 Sangan OR Neo-Spacian Grand Mole OR Treeborn Frog
x1 Card Trooper
x1 Morphing Jar
x3 Magical Merchant
x1 Granmarg the rock monarch

Spells:(14)

x3 dark fusion
x3 dark calling
x2 book of moon
x1 megamorph
x1 heavy storm
x1 giant trunade
x1 lightning vortex
x1 brain control
x1 mystical space typhoon

Traps:(5)

x2 Royal Decree
x3 Solemn Judgment

Now, we will talk about the strengths and weaknesses about this deck and go a little bit more in depth. The first thing is the strengths. This deck will catch every duelist by surprise. If you draw the right cards at the right time, you can be successful. The attack strength is the best part of the deck. It can go good against most decks. Most of your opponents will get after Gaia with a few traps and spells. You have royal decree to counter that and it will work well. Now only if Horus LV8 was a rock/fiend monster XD. Gaia has an amazing effect which makes your opponent flip their defense monsters face up in attack mode. It will always prepare damage.

There are many ways to counter this deck. If you are in a tournament and are not sure what you are going against, always add a Royal Oppression to your side deck. Razz Gadget Oppression can easily counter this. Although the kcvds gadget oppression is pretty weak, it can still be countered with cards like royal oppression, raiou, Banisher of the Radiance, etc. Your goal is to make sure that your opponents cards reach RFG instead of the grave. Another deck that can counter it is a simple macro deck. Dark Calling will allow you to summon gaia if the material goes into the graveyard. Macro Cosmos is a card that will make all cards go to the RFG and that will make a gaia deck useless. If you want to counter it, add spells and traps like solemn, royal oppression, fissure, hammer shot, heavy storm, threatening roar, etc. Gaia is not hard to counter if you look into it closely.

The last thing I will talk about is combos. Dark Gaia can use combos as well. My favorite combo is:
Hand:
1x Valkaryion
1x Dreadroute
1x Megamorph
1x Heavy Storm
1x Megamorph
1x Dark Fusion

Believe it or not, but that hand comes to me many times. If you are not sure yet, use heavy storm if your opponent has any spells, than use dark fusion to fuse valkaryion and dreadroute. Megamorph should be used if your LP is lower. I usually pass my turn with a set card and zero monsters just to get my opponent to attack me so I lose LP. Than the next turn I come back with mega morph.

Another combo will involve 5 cards. Hand:

1x Granmarg the rock monarch (Any rock monster basically)
1x Evil Hero Malicious Edge (Any Fiend Monster)
1x Evil Hero Inferno Gainer
1x Dark Calling
1x Dark Fusion

You start out by activating Dark Fusion and calling out Evil Hero Dark Gaia. Than, summon Evil hero infermo gainer. Use Inferno's effect and let Gaia attack twice. Let Gaia attack twice. If your opponent chains the effect or destroys gaia, use dark calling and summon him again.

Dark Gaia decks aren't all based on Dark Gaia. Most of the time you won't even get gaia on the field in the first couple of turns. You can use other cards as well. Here is another combo:

Graveyard:
1x Treeborn Frog

Hand:
1x Evil hero Malicious Edge

Assuming that frog is in your grave, you can tribute him for malicious. Malicious's effect will make the difference subtracted out of a defense position monster. One thing you must keep in mind is that your opponent must have a monster first. ^_^

Combo #4

Hand:

1x Snipe hunter
1x Dreadroute [Any Fiend]
1x Valkryion [Any Rock]
1x Dark Calling

Summon out snipe and get rid of your opponent's field by discarding Dreadroute and Valkyrion. Than, use dark calling on those two to summon out Gaia.

Combo #5

Hand:
0 Cards

It is your opponent's battle phase. He/She Sangan attacks your magical merchant which is face down. Magical merchant's effect is activated and you get Dark Calling out of it with two malicious edges in your graveyard. You draw and you get Dreadroute. The duel is NOT over. Look at your graveyard again. Use dark calling to call forth Evil hero Malicious fiend. This will get you a secondary monster which is powerful. This can easily save you.

Dark Gaia is not 100% based on itself. There are other cards you can use to make a secondary attack even if you can't get him on the field. Just think it through. The bad part of Gaia is that you get dead draws at some time. That can cost you the duel. I will conclude this article with a few words. If you want to build confidence or want to win a tournament, this might be the deck perfect for you. In tournaments, you might get lucky if there is no one who can counter your deck, but most of the time don't rely on Gaia. Thanks for listening and stay tuned for a new article. Razz
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-06-19, 00:41

Nice article. Dark Gaia. This will help all of the people who want to build Dark Gaia. Although, I do think this is sorta cheap, but it's a nice guide. Razz Hope to see more. Very Happy I'm going to ask Ace about awarding the people that make nice articles with DC. Award for their hard work. xD Seems like a lot of work to make these things.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
wiro_sableng
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
wiro_sableng

Male

Number of posts : 223

Miscellaneous
DC: 2650

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-06-19, 03:30

Dark Gaia, that card make me confused when i facing it.
Back to top Go down
Marik Ishtar
Blackwing
Blackwing
Marik Ishtar

Male

Number of posts : 305

Miscellaneous
DC: 1200

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-06-23, 11:34

Dark Gaia FTW! Very Happy Awesome Article By the way Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-07-02, 11:49

My Dark Gaia deck is kinda simular to this Very Happy. Dark Gaia is a very good card and a very good deck once you learn how to use it
Back to top Go down
Fairo

Fairo

Male

Number of posts : 15

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty2009-09-13, 05:30

Dark Gaia, great article indeed, i faced this card about four times or more and i've beaten it, but to tell you the truth, each time it wips out my life points! and it usually takes me about 3 or 4 turns before i find a way out, let's face the truth,a monster with aproxematly 4000 ATK and above when summoned means alot of problems! but his weakness point is like the most of other monster they are exposed to spells and traps , but in a FIEND deck sometimes it can be really dangerous, and about dred route, this card really sucks, sure has 4000 ATK AND DEF but as i said it's EXPOSED TO SPELLS AND TRAPS.3 monsters are also hard to get, and when you summon this card, trap hole can KILL YA!
i don't like 10 stars or above monsters that much, i don't put more than one in my deck.
and if you really like FIEND monsters i advise you with 1 raviel and 3 giant germs in your deck, cuz with it's effect you can gather almost all tribute you need, and try fires of doomsday also. good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article   Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Evil Hero Dark Gaia OTK Article
Page 1 of 1