Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[AW] The Power of Combos.

Go down 
+5
Hannibal
Rand
DarkSynchro
Arlin
Mizara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mizara
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Mizara

Number of posts : 115

Miscellaneous
DC: 1320

[AW] The Power of Combos. Empty
PostSubject: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 11:34

Well, I have a free day so I'll give it a try.

Every good duelist knows that in order to have a good deck, you need good cards.
However, the number of "Good cards" are limited if you count them one by one, but if you combine one card with another (I'm not speaking of Fusion) you can make a 'weak' cards become lethally dangerous, and this is what this article is basically about.

I'll start by giving off some examples of Combo moves:

1. Astral Barrier+Spirit Barrier+Any monster

Astral Barrier:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Astral10

If your opponent's monster attacks a monster on your side of the field, you can make the attack a direct attack.

Spirit Barrier:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Spirit10

While you control a monster(s), you take no Battle Damage.

Combine those two and have a perfect defense.
-----------------------------

2.Protector of the Sanctuary+Morhping Jar
Protector of the Sanctuary:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Protec10

Your opponent cannot draw cards except during Draw Phases.
Morphing Jar:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Morphi10

FLIP: Both players discard their hands, then draw 5 cards.

With this combo you can discard your opponent's hand by using Morphing Jar along with Protector of the Sanctuary's effect.
Note that while Protector of the Sanctuary is on the field you may not use Hand Destruction. (Another note, I didn't write stuff like "And you get to draw 5 new cards" since it's not the main idea)
--------------------------------

3.King Tiger Wanghu+Burden of the Mighty

King Tiger Wanghu:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Kingti10

As long as this card remains face-up on the field, destroy all monsters with an ATK equal to 1400 or less that are Normal Summoned or Special Summoned.

Burden of the Mighty:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Burden10

Each face-up monster your opponent controls loses 100 ATK x its own Level.

An awesome combo that allows you to destroy your opponent's monsters with 1400 ATK or less that are normal summoned or special summoned to the field (Works greatly against Meta decks), since Burden isn't limited you may use up to three of them, however, it's enough to have 2 Burdens to screw your opponent.
For example, you have 2 Burdens and Tiger, if your opponent summons Blue-Eyes White Dragon (3000 ATK, 8 stars) it'll be destroyed, 3000-800-800=1400.
Since your enemy can set and flip summon their monsters, adding Light of Intervention will greatly help.
-------------------------------
The next examples are less important but I still think they're essential.

Some other examples may be:
Creature Swap+:
[AW] The Power of Combos. Creatu10

Each player selects 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. Those monsters cannot change their battle positions for the rest of this turn.

I.Fire Sorcerer-
FLIP: Randomly select 2 cards from your hand and remove them from play to inflict 800 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

II.Ameba-
When the control of this face-up card on the field shifts to your opponent, inflict 2000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. This effect can only be used once as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
(This technique is used by some burn decks)

III.Griggle-
When the control of this face-up card on the field shifts to your opponent, increase your Life Points by 3000 points. This effect can only be used once as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
-----------------------------
Another example for a combo is Chainsaw Insect+Appropriate:
Chainsaw Insect-
If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent draws 1 card at the end of the Damage Step.

Appropriate-
You can activate this card when your opponent draws a card outside his/her Draw Phase. After that, each time your opponent draws cards outside his/her Draw Phase, you draw 2 cards.

With this combo Chainsaw's disadvantage becomes an advantage.
----------------------------

Of course there are lots more of combos, I simply wanted to give you an examples.

Most of the combos I mentioned were combos of two cards, but there also a lot of combos that require more than two cards.

Also, there are many combos that allow you to special summon a lot of
strong monsters to your field.
For an example:

Future Fusion+2 Red-Eyes Wyverns+2 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon+1 Dragon type monster:

Future Fusion-
Send, from your Deck to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and select that 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with the same name as the selected Fusion Monster during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Red-Eyes Wyvern-
During your End Phase, if you did not Normal Summon or Set a monster this turn, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard, except "Red-Eyes B. Chick".

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon-
You can remove from play 1 Dragon-Type monster you control to Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster, except "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon", from your hand or Graveyard.

For this technique you need to have in your deck: 2 Wyverns, 2 REDMD's and 1 Dragon.
You use Future Fusion in order to special summon Five-Headed Dragon(He'll be special summoned after your second standby) by sending the cards I mentioned before to the graveyard.
In the end of this turn use Wyverns' effect in order to special summon 2 REDMDs.

Another similar technique is done with Jinzo, use Future Fusion and then send the following cards to the graveyard: 3 Jinzo Returner+3 Jinzo+1 Cyber Dragon in order to special summon Chimeratech Overdragon.
By using Jinzo Returners' effect you may special summon 3 Jinzo from your graveyard to your side of the field till the end phase.
---------------------------

And for the conclusion:
In order to make useless useful you have to use a combinations of cards.
With a correct usage, Kuriboh can perform an OTK, and Rescue Cat can become your ace card.
There are hundreds of variations for combos, use your creativity to make a deadly combo!

That's all for my article, I wasted so much time on it >_>'
ACE AND ONLY ACE WILL RATE IT.

I have cookies for those who comment Razz

Last edited by Mizara on 2009-10-19, 14:54; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 11:39

Woah,Awesome,but when i say awesome,it's AWESOME.

Congratulations.

I would rate it a 10/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
DarkSynchro
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
DarkSynchro

Male

Number of posts : 353

Miscellaneous
DC: 75

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 11:48

Not bad 9/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.speedduelacademy.forumotions.net
Rand
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
Rand

Male

Number of posts : 253

Miscellaneous
DC: 1022

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 12:57

just a note Morphing jar #2 says to pick up cards from your deck not draw so i do not think Protector of the Sanctuary works on picking up cards as it seams to be different from drawing them.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 13:15

Yeah, Rand is correct.

Nice work Mizara. I knew about all of these combinations except the Wanghu one.
Back to top Go down
Gravitas
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Gravitas

Male

Number of posts : 36

Miscellaneous
DC: 1560

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 13:41

Wow good job man I actually learned alot.
Back to top Go down
Mizara
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Mizara

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 14:48

Rand wrote:
just a note Morphing jar #2 says to pick up cards from your deck not draw so i do not think Protector of the Sanctuary works on picking up cards as it seams to be different from drawing them.

Heh, sorry 'bout that Razz
I'll fix it right away.
Can't believe that I misread it >_>
I feel illiterate.
And thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
efx94
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
efx94

Male

Number of posts : 75

Miscellaneous
DC: 950

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 15:04

i think this is the most intelligent thing u have done cheers
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 15:53

Grammar/Spelling: Well, this one is mostly fine, and because I can't make anything perfect just yet...(+1)

Length/Content: It's kinda long, and the pictures are WAY too big, try to....re-size em' somehow. Pictures are good, but not don't put too many in one article, increases post and page size, lol. Try to...well same, bold, color, etc. o.o (-3)

Idea: Basic explanation of combos, and sometimes basic, can be better than advanced. o.o (+1)

Rating in total: 9/10 - 600 DC

Review/Rating done.
+ 600 DC to Mizara.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 16:07

Let's see if I can get some more DC.

Quote :

Should be a period, not a comma.

Quote :
For example, you have 2 Burdens and Tiger, if your opponent summons Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Should be a semi-colon instead of a comma.

That's all I could find.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 16:31

Hannibal wrote:
Let's see if I can get some more DC.

Quote :

Should be a period, not a comma.

Quote :
For example, you have 2 Burdens and Tiger, if your opponent summons Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Should be a semi-colon instead of a comma.

That's all I could find.

Ehh fine, 25 DC 'cause your closely examining the thing...

DUN EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL MEH INTO GIVING OUT FREE DC.

No seriously, don't. lol.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 16:44

I was only joking but thanks for the DC!
Back to top Go down
Mizara
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Mizara

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 17:23

Well 9/10, fine I guess.
And about the size of pictures,
Personally I don't see anything wrong with making them large, so I don't plan on editing that (It'd take me years to find them again)
also -3 because the size? a bit harsh.
What's wrong about having a bigger size of post and page? It's easier for the eyes.
I emphasized the important words. I don't see the point of having a "colorful" article, I mean, you want me to make it pink, or what?>_>.

Well, I guess I should be happy with 9.
Although I don't agree with most of your statements, I believe it's just because I'm being persistent as always.
Still I'd like to know your opinion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 17:38

Whoops, sorry bout' that, I'm a real bad grader as you can see. xD

The pictures are pretty much the only thing that bothers me, dunno bout' other stuff, but, I can't give you an 11/10, now can I? o.o

Fairly colorful, overall, good job. xD
Back to top Go down
Mizara
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Mizara

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 17:56

Ace wrote:

The pictures are pretty much the only thing that bothers me, dunno bout' other stuff, but, I can't give you an 11/10, now can I? o.o

Well, you're the boss ._.
Besides, the process is simple:
I posted an article->you graded it->I disagreed with the result-> You pretty much agreed with my disagreement->You fixed the score.
Although the last part didn't happen yet, hopefully will.
I wasted a fair couple of hours making this article as much as easier to read and understand, I thought (and I still think) that making large pictures was better, so people could read the effects without looking for them under the picture ._.
Well, it's your choice afterall.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 18:35

Mizara wrote:
Ace wrote:

Well, you're the boss ._.
Besides, the process is simple:
I posted an article->you graded it->I disagreed with the result-> You pretty much agreed with my disagreement->You fixed the score.
Although the last part didn't happen yet, hopefully will.
I wasted a fair couple of hours making this article as much as easier to read and understand, I thought (and I still think) that making large pictures was better, so people could read the effects without looking for them under the picture ._.
Well, it's your choice afterall.

Fine. xD

Not gonna change score though, I'll simply give you an extra 100 DC for that effort of explaining and writing the article in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 19:18

A couple of hours?

Damn, I spent all of ten minutes on mine, maybe I should be a tad more commited.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty2009-10-19, 20:39

Your article is a bit random, basicly, you're just explaining some combos, but it's ok since it gives a lot of information, I know some more combos now, but I think you should have talked about the combos that can be used in any deck (like: sangan + torential tribute) too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AW] The Power of Combos.   [AW] The Power of Combos. Empty

Back to top Go down

[AW] The Power of Combos.
Page 1 of 1