Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[AW]Frogs Listing and Combos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Enforcer
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Number of posts : 108

Miscellaneous
DC: 1850

[AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty
PostSubject: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-20, 21:57

*Note(s): To view some cards click on the gray bar under the word "Spoiler." You do not have to read the effects, Cyan, the more important things are in Bold and everything after the card listing.

There are 11 Frog Cards including T.A.D.P.O.L.E., D.3.S Frog, and Substitoad. [Technically 12 since they just recently released "Ogre Frog."]

Spoiler:
T.A.D.P.O.L.E.
Level 1 | 0 ATK | 0 DEF
When this card you control is destroyed by battle and sent to your Graveyard, you can add any "T.A.D.P.O.L.E."(s) From your Deck to your hand.

Getting this card to the grave can be easy by using cards like Lightning Vortex, Dark World Dealings or just Foolish Burials.

Beelze Frog
Level 3 | 1200 ATK | 800 DEF
Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each "T.A.D.P.O.L.E." in your Graveyard.

With 3 T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s in your deck you can easily power up your Beelze Frog to 2100 ATK, a pretty high attack power for a level 3 monster.

Des Frog
Level 5 | 1900 ATK | 0 DEF
When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can Special Summon "Des Frog"(s) from your hand or Deck up to the number of "T.A.D.P.O.L.E."(s) in your Graveyard.

Try not to use cards like Mausoleum of the Emperor, Cost Down, or A Legendary Ocean with this card unless you are not trying to get the other Des Frogs on the field.

Flip Flop Frog
Level 2 | 500 ATK | 200 DEF
Once per turn, you can flip this card into face-down Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up, you can return monsters your opponent controls to their owners' hand up to the number of face-up "Frog" monsters you control, except "Frog the Jam".

If you can keep this card on the field, without it being destroyed, it's a good way to clear your opponents field, at least by one monster, as it counts itself as a Frog.

Dupe Frog
Level 2 | 100 ATK | 2000 DEF
This card's name is treated as "Des Frog" while it is face-up on the field. Your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Frog" monster except "Dupe Frog" or "Frog the Jam" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

If one of your Des Frogs has been destroyed before you could use Des Croaking (Clears opponents side with 3 Des Frogs) you can summon this card in its place. Also this card is good at defense its a pretty high defense with the effect of it being an only target, and if it is somehow destroyed it can give you another frog from your deck.

Submarine Frog
Level 2 | 1200 ATK | 600 DEF
During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

This card, in my opinion, isnt that strong..unless its given a boost with the magic, field card, Wetlands. Giving it an extra 1200 ATK it comes up to 2400 and its DEF - ATK difference isnt a bad effect since it can be boosted with wetlands.

Unifrog
Level 2 | 400 ATK | 400 DEF
This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card successfully attacks directly, if you control a "Frog" monster other than "Frog the Jam" or "Unifrog", you can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.

This card is good to combine with Gravity Bind, and Wetlands to attack your opponents directly with 1600 ATK

Substitoad
Level 1 | 100 ATK | 2000 DEF
Tribute 1 monster to Special Summon 1 "Frog" monster from your Deck, (except "Frog the Jam"). "Frog" monsters (except "Frog the Jam") cannot be destroyed by battle.

This card is great for summon Des Frogs or Dupe Frogs and combining them with Des Croaking.

Treeborn Frog
Level 1 | 100 ATK | 100 DEF
If this card is in your Graveyard during your Standby Phase and you control no Spell or Trap Cards, you can Special Summon it. This effect cannot be activated if you control a face-up "Treeborn Frog".

You can use Foolish Burial on this card to send it to the grave and to bring it back as tribute for Des Frog/

Some Frog decks use the Field Spell, Wetlands.
Spoiler:
Most Frogs are level 2 or lower. And since they are low level monsters they can benefit from cards like Pride of the Weak or Graceful Revival.

Frog decks are also commonly used as a OTK. You can tribute summon Des Frog, while having at least 2 T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s in the graveyard. Then using a Des Croaking to clear your opponent's field.

You can also use Water Hazard, while you have at least 1 T.A.D.P.O.L.E. in your grave, to summon another T.A.D.P.O.L.E. and tribute it for a Des Frog allowing you to get 2 T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s in your grave.
Spoiler:

3 Des Frogs gives you an attack power of 5700, usually an OTK. If your opponent has more Life Points, you can use Super Polymerization after you attack with the third Des Frog to fuse them together and get a D.3.S Frog for an additional 2500 atk
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phoenix Enforcer on 2009-10-22, 01:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-21, 22:05

Grammar/Spelling: "You can use Foolish Burial on this card to send it to the grave and to bring it back as tribute for Des Frog/" was a mistake I picked up after skimming, so I'll take off half a point 'cause I dun wanna break my streak of giving a perfect 10 ._.
(-0.5)

Length/Content: Perfect, explains the basic idea of the structure of a frog deck, giving some pictures to look at and strategies to go with it...try n' add some cool cards that would be fairly good in a frog deck, and perhaps add a decklist as an example.

Idea: Original...good job.

Rating in total: 9.5 (hehehe) / 10 - 700 DC

Review/Rating done.
+ 700 DC to Phoenix Enforcer.
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Phoenix Enforcer
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-21, 23:11

Ace wrote:
'cause I dun wanna break my streak of giving a perfect 10 ._.
I doubt you skimmed on that, lmao you were prolly goin over it again and again til you found the one sentence i didnt use a period on =P
lol jk, at least i know i would've gotten a ten if i had typed just a little better, lol, thanks anyways
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-22, 00:53

I can find plenty of errors if that makes you feel any better.

Quote :
a good way to clear your opponents field

Should be opponent's

Quote :
Croaking (Clears opponents side with 3 Des Frogs)

Same again.

Quote :
Also this card is good at defense its a pretty high defense with the effect of it being an only target

Should be it's.

The wording could also be much better.

Quote :
This card, in my opinion, isnt that strong..unless its given a boost with the magic, field card, Wetlands.

Should be isn't.

Should either be three periods or one.

Should be a capital 'U' for unless.

Again, should be it's.

Also, saying "Magic, field card, Wetlands" really wasn't needed. They're called field spells.

Quote :
and its DEF - ATK difference isnt a bad effect since it can be boosted with wetlands.

'It's' strikes again.

As does his faithful sidekick isn't.

Quote :
comboning

Is not a word. I laughed like hell when I read it. It should be a word.

Quote :
Frog decks are also commonly used as a OTK

Should be 'an'.

So, yeah. Be happy you only lost half a mark.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some comboning to do.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Enforcer
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-22, 01:05

Geez dude...it was a joke..plus you don't have to make fun of me -_-"'
stop being so uptight and going through everyone's Article to get DC..(2)

You know what i meant, besides your not the one that finds these mistakes its Word Processing. Apostrophes aren't that important to me "isnt," "isn't" one tiny mark of difference...(3 you happy?)
Back to top Go down
Hannibal
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Hannibal

Male

Number of posts : 279

Miscellaneous
DC: 1655

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-22, 01:54

I'm not doing to make fun of you, nor am I trying to get DC.

I honestly didn't expect you to take offense to what I wrote. I'm sorry.

For the record, I am the one finding those mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Gentleman
Ace

Male

Number of posts : 1014

Miscellaneous
DC: 100

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-23, 00:14

lol Hannibal's on a cool streak here, but I said no emotional blackmail so... Razz

Forgot to give Phoenix 700 DC, sorry bout' that.
+ 700 to PE
Back to top Go down
https://lightduelacademy.forumotion.com
Phoenix Enforcer
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty2009-10-23, 10:19

Lol its cool hannibal
Ace thanks but just call me Phoenix =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos   [AW]Frogs Listing and Combos Empty

Back to top Go down

[AW]Frogs Listing and Combos
Page 1 of 1