Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list

Go down 
+2
Arlin
WolfsKnight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WolfsKnight

WolfsKnight

Male

Number of posts : 3

Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty
PostSubject: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-26, 22:28

Now I have a question. I've been playing Yu-gi-oh since I got my first deck when I was about 12. I play by traditional rules on my free time, and I have a question.

Why, do you all, and tournaments, insist, on banning cards, for the most ridiculous reasons?

Graceful Charity isn't broken.
Nor is pot of greed.
Nor is Cards of Safe return.

After further research, I notice that half these cards are banned because more then likely they've been slammed down on officials, etc etc. I could go on about it. Seriously though? why?

Painful choice is probably the fairest thing to ever exist, even if it can be used to summon Necross Exodia. I just don't get it. I know I sound like I'm complaining, and I am honestly. I haven't tested do the fact that I've ported my real life deck and quite a few cards in it are banned.

So people can ban Crush Card Virus, just because it hurts you?

It doesn't make sense, I would suggest fixing it but I don't make the rules around here, I just want an honest reason.

Thanks for your time I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Arlin
Administrator
Administrator
Arlin

Male

Number of posts : 1367

Miscellaneous
DC: 7215

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 06:25

We are not the ones who decide the banlist. It's the TGC that makes it. You can duel in traditional format in KCVDS if you want, But you can have only 3 banned cards.

We can't fix it by our own, you should ask the TGC makers xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.turboweb.it/forum/ut__@leonthebest
kneil_20
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
kneil_20

Male

Number of posts : 701

Miscellaneous
DC: 1985

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 10:27

LOL there is a reason why cards are banned and limited/semi limited. CCV is a good card but to "konami" it is very abusive that they decided to ban it.
Back to top Go down
Devilman501
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Devilman501

Male

Number of posts : 128

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 11:26

WolfsKnight wrote:
I'll give you the simple answer. The cards are broken. Pot of Greed is an instant +1. Graceful Charity thins your deck and fuels the graveyard effectively with one card whilst refreshing the hand. Painful Choice can be used to dump all the other Exodia pieces and then they can play Back-up Soldier with Monster Reincarnation for an FTK.

Card of Safe Return? Zombies bro.

Zombies are a lot of the reason these things are banned.

Crush Card led to thousands of +'s.

Banned cards are simply cards that either enable FTK's or cause too much card advantage. If you actually did any research, then you'd see this, but I assume since you make this topic, you didn't do ENOUGH homework.

The cards are simply flat-out gamebreaking.
Back to top Go down
http://scholarsacademy.forumotion.com/index.htm
WolfsKnight

WolfsKnight

Male

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 12:23

I actually I did do my homework.

Graceful Charity is not broken. How is drawing 3 and discarding 2 broken?
I highly doubt you have an actual answer for that and don't try to say "thinning out your deck"

Cards of safe return and zombies, yeah I know. That proves my other theory. IF it can hurt you, you don't want it around.

I could go on and on about how stupid the actual ban list is, because cards people use get banned for no real reason other then it hurts others, but then actual broken cards don't get touched.

You don't know what I'm thinking or what I've done so don't go saying I didn't do this that or the other.

EDIT: Thats also the most bs excuse in existance.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 18:19

Uh... What is the point of this? Telling us won't change the banlist. We can't do anything about it.

Try writing an article on this and post it in the articles section. That would be a more proper place. This section is for asking questions about card rulings and stuff.. I think. Either way, posting in the articles section with your points and all would be much more proper and effective.

I would close it, but you would probably have a response. If there's nothing else, next moderator to see this, please close it.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Devilman501
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Rare Hunter/Deck Builder
Devilman501

Male

Number of posts : 128

Miscellaneous
DC: 150

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 20:11

WolfsKnight wrote:
I actually I did do my homework.

Graceful Charity is not broken. How is drawing 3 and discarding 2 broken?
I highly doubt you have an actual answer for that and don't try to say "thinning out your deck"

Cards of safe return and zombies, yeah I know. That proves my other theory. IF it can hurt you, you don't want it around.

I could go on and on about how stupid the actual ban list is, because cards people use get banned for no real reason other then it hurts others, but then actual broken cards don't get touched.

You don't know what I'm thinking or what I've done so don't go saying I didn't do this that or the other.

EDIT: Thats also the most bs excuse in existance.
I say you haven't done your homework because that's what you make it appear like.

Graceful Charity is broken because of Lightsworns, Zombies, and most any other deck. The current meta is heavily graveyard based, and it's pretty significant if you get to draw three cards and then discard that Wulf/Necro/Mezuki/Plague. It's pretty simple, but with that card even limited, it'd add too much speed to meta decks thus making the meta even more enclosed.

Second of all, I want to tell you the actual meaning of that word "theory" you use. It's an analysis of facts in their relation to one another. You've naught but mentioned something about officials "slamming down on cards", and nothing about how "If it hurts you, you don't want it around."

Infact, to take this apart slowly, banning a card hurts someone more than having it in the game. If you take away Mezukis, that's hurting a player using Zombies, but in the case that you're trying to use it in a "If the OPPONENT'S MEZUKI hurts me, I don't want it around" context, then that would easily make more sense, so for this I will assume this is what you're talking about.

The problem is, some of these cards don't need to be around because it hurts EVERYONE (including UDE/Konami) so they have to be banned. Other players running anything that isn't Goat Control, or Yata-lock, or Magical Scientist FTK, can't compete, and then you have players everywhere netdecking the top deck and winning the prizes giving an unfair advantage over everyone else unless they too go with the best out there.

Konami loses players if they don't regulate totally broken cards, which means loss in money, and this can be caused if competitive play is run on a single deck or whatever. On the other hand, let's say we have Pot of Greed or Graceful Charity as opposed to say... Magical Scientist or Thousand Eyes Restrict.

The current tier 1 decks are decks like Zombies, LS variants, and BW. Second tier is GB and Gadgets. Notice how the top tiers focus a LOT more on the grave than second tier? With Graceful Charity, it gives you three new cards, and out of those three, the top three decks can drop Vayus, Necros, Plagues, Mezukis, whatever it may be, and although it can thin decks for GB and Gadgets, they gain less card advantage from it.

Pot of Greed is a +1 in a single card that takes no extensive combos. The game is already fairly luck based, and Konami/UDE got rid of this card a long time ago simply for stuff like "hurr pot of greed into gamewinning brain control and dark armed dragon" or something IE "lucking out" and because of the total card advantage.

Anything that either locks and wins quickly or gives HUGE card advantage breaks the game. It's that simple. Besides that, I can say "deck thinning" if I damn well want. A thinner deck gives you access to your powerhouse cards and other needed resources and a significant aspect to consider in ANY duel.

For Card of Safe Return and Zombies, you're correct. I don't want it around because it "hurts me". And any player not running Zombies. With Card of Safe Return, you're literally getting like +3's in a single turn which absolutely wrecks any balance in the meta and makes the top deck Zombies. Hurray for SJCs that are Zombie only. Very Happy

Cards get banned BECAUSE they hurt others. It's not "just" because, it's a very good reason because we end up with skilless luckfests for tournaments rather then a much more versatile meta like the current one. Finally, it's not a "bs excuse" because I never excused myself.

The thesis is that cards are banned BECAUSE they are game breaking. If you can't understand why, then I suggest you do more extensive "research" on it because it's rather simple why some cards are banned, and I definitely agree that some cards that are banned are rather ridiculous (IE Metamorphosis), but by NO MEANS do we need to see Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity and Painful choice back in Advanced format.
Back to top Go down
http://scholarsacademy.forumotion.com/index.htm
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty2009-12-27, 21:52

My friend, I agree that the banlist isn't perfect, nothing in life is perfect, that's why it gats updated every 6 mounts becayse some cards that should be banned are not and cards that are banned should be limited or semi limited.

However, devilman is right, those cards are completely broken, I thing he alredy explained you alot, but I'll say some words too, these are some stiuation where these cards can be abused:

Ever heard dark world monsters? Gracefull charity is a nice way to use them since discarting two cards is not a cost, let's say you discard golld or silvia, it gets special summoned from the graveyard, but you also have card of safe return, so you draw a cards, in other words you just drawed 4 cards qnd summoned a pozerfull monster in one turn.

How about this: you use gracefull charity, you discard a strong monster, then you summon it with call of the hunted and you draw 1 card becuase you have cards of safe return.

I hope you know a lot of dark monsters need a lot of daark monsters to be special summoned, like dark armed dragon, the dark creator, dark simorg ect... well gracefull charity and paintfull choise are a verry good way to get dark monsters in the grave.

I could give you some more examples but I'm tired now, just try playing against those cards and you'll see what I mean. If you think you need those cards because you never get good cards in duel then check ypur deck and remove the cards you don't realy need. If you want a good draw power, you may use cyber valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list   Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about the Forbbiden/Limited list
Page 1 of 1