Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tournament Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

Tournament Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-14, 19:50

All right, guys. Since there is no current tournament going on, you may post or PM me with an idea for the next tournament. If I like it, you can host it, or if you want participate, you can have me host it. Someone has already suggested we do a tag team tournament, but I told him it'd have to wait, because as you all probably know, LDA has been dropping in activity since KCVDS went down. So, we'll have to start going back up in activity before we'll be able to do a tag team tournament.

Feel free to suggest anything else!

Thanks

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Ballin1521
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ballin1521

Male

Number of posts : 141

Miscellaneous
DC: 325

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-14, 20:40

How About Trying A Double Elimination Tourney Of 8 People Maybe With Some Subs If Needed.
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-14, 22:35

how bout an LDA team event? Get 2 team captains, like the first 2 to sign up if they want to be or choose some other way, not sure how. Then with all the people that sign up the team captains can choose any of those people for their team. It would be like a war but just a fun tournament. Say like 16 people max 8 vs. 8
Back to top Go down
Rand
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
The Dragon Reborn, Lord of the Morning, Prince of the Dawn, True Defender of the Light
Rand

Male

Number of posts : 253

Miscellaneous
DC: 1022

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 10:12

wow sounds good sv you should do that. but would it be fe style or like normal just 1 on 1 8 times teams with most wins is the winner and i guess the captains would have to duel as well so as not to have a tie lol.
Back to top Go down
Niptaker
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Niptaker

Male

Number of posts : 106

Miscellaneous
DC: 1400

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 16:23

niice idea svstar.
but ill suggest mine:
it will be started with 16 players ..and single duels..so win=+1star..lose-1star ..and first 8 players getting +4stars qualify to the next round.(no player can play som1 he played before)
TOP8:starting with 4 stars ..and single duels..so win=+2stars lose=-2stars (if u got 0star your out) and the first 4players getting +8 will qualify to the next round.
TOP4: every personne need to duel the other tree players (2duel match 1single duel) .so for the match:win=2 lose=-2 . for the single:win=+1 lose=-2...then 2players getting the most points will duel in the finale in a duel match .
FINALE:the winner will get half of the other player stars.. and will get (250DC)*stars he have !
Back to top Go down
Ballin1521
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ballin1521

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 17:00

Svstar And Niptaker Have Nice Ideas Both But The Problem Is Both Consist Of 16 People. I Counted And Only 23 People Have Been On In The Last 24 Hours. 3 Are Unranked And Some Will Not Even Take Part Of Tournaments. That Would Be A Reason For A 8 Player Tourney. Not To Forget The Fact It Would Be Quicker And Maybe By The End Of That Tourney LDA Will Be More Active.
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 19:55

Ballin1521 wrote:
Svstar And Niptaker Have Nice Ideas Both But The Problem Is Both Consist Of 16 People. I Counted And Only 23 People Have Been On In The Last 24 Hours. 3 Are Unranked And Some Will Not Even Take Part Of Tournaments. That Would Be A Reason For A 8 Player Tourney. Not To Forget The Fact It Would Be Quicker And Maybe By The End Of That Tourney LDA Will Be More Active.
your point about yours being an 8 player tourny is completely invalid the other tournies will work just as well if less people sign up and 20 people is more than enough for a large tournament that they propose and sv's could most deffinatly take less time being that it would require less duels than yours lol.
Back to top Go down
Ballin1521
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow
Ballin1521

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 19:59

Ok Rand That Is A Good Point But Like I Said There Are Not That Many Active People IN LDA Right Now. Some Will Probably Not Even Wanna Be In The Tourney. And Svstar's Idea Seems More Like A War Then A Tourney Idea.
Back to top Go down
Rand
Rand

Male

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 20:22

even though its played out like a war it will be great practice for our members if we play sv's war style tourny as well most tournies are only fun till you loose and eventually all but one will loose when your on a team even after you loose you can still help your teammates witch seams more fun to me than a free for all tourny where its you vs anyone who gets in your way. just my 4 cents.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 20:28

Hm. You all have some great ideas; I'll look over them and consider them when I get a chance. But, I do agree with Ballin. We should create a smaller tournament to increase the activity, so that there would be more people to participate in the larger tournaments. Either way, most of the suggestions with 16 can still work with 8, I believe. We'll see.

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
svstar34
Tester
Tester
svstar34

Male

Number of posts : 399

Miscellaneous
DC: 2515

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty2010-01-15, 20:41

Ballin1521 wrote:

with mine it doesnt have to be 16 people, it can be less
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Suggestions   Tournament Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Suggestions
Page 1 of 1