Light Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luminous Duel Arena DC System

Go down 
+2
Unforgiven Pretender
DayTime
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty
PostSubject: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 00:11

I was reading how the DC point system works for the luminous duel arena (thing), and I'm a little confused. I was wondering why slifer's have such a high point gain when winning a duel. Won't this cause people who want DC to stay in Slifer just to get the higher DC even though their dueling skills are advanced? This will cause a halt in the system of advancing dorms, because people won't have much of an incentive to rise up to the top. This is my own suggestion. (It's going to be hard to explain, sorry if it hard to understand.)
FOR EXAMPLE: (I am using larger point numbers, just to make an example. So, numbers can be proportionally cut down, just consider my idea Hmm)

- Tester beating Tester - 600 DC (3. see below)
- Tester beating Obelisk - 280 DC (2. See below)
- Tester beating Ra - 70 DC
- Tester beating Slifer - 35 DC (1. See below)

- Obelisk beating Tester - 600 DC
- Obelisk Beating Obelisk - 360 DC (4. See below)
- Obelisk Beating Ra - 140 DC
- Obelisk Beating Slifer - 70 DC

- Ra beating Tester - 600 DC
- Ra Beating Obelisk - 280 DC
- Ra Beating Ra - 220 DC
- Ra Beating Slifer - 130 DC

- Slifer beating Tester - 600 DC
- Slifer Beating Obelisk - 280 DC
- Slifer Beating Ra - 140 DC
- Slifer Beating Slifer - 130 DC

My Logic:
1. If the opponent is 2 or more dorms under you, you get half of of what that dorm got when they dueled against the same dorm. Obelisk VS Slifer = 1/2 of Slifer wVS Slifer.
2. If the opponent is in the dorm right under/below/lower than yours, then when you face that dorm, you get the DC that you would have gotten if facing them a dorm below, to create incentive for advancing. Obelisk wVS Ra = the same as Slifer/Ra wVS Obelist. (if that makes sense)
3. Tester is all the same, just because it's too difficult for me to come up with a system for them. :]
4. When you are facing someone from your own dorm, you get a 60+ bonus DC over the original DC you would get. >.< confusing right?

Nevermind then Sad

~ DayTime

Last edited by DayTime on 2009-07-10, 14:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 01:14

Nice, I would have 12000 DC then, after duelling 20 times.., I vote no...

Slifers get more points because they are less good.
So it is much harder for them to beat a high rank, that's why they get more.

And it doesn't matter if you understand the current cashing system, as long as you know how to post in luminous, and the admins know how to cash in.

It's way too easy to get much DC in your system.
Also it's not fair for dorms who are less good to get just as much to beat a certain dorm, and get as much DC as if a higher dorm would do that.

Please at least think of a formula instead of just posting unfair high rewards Hmm
Back to top Go down
DayTime
Slifer Red
Slifer Red
DayTime

Male

Number of posts : 95

Miscellaneous
DC: 600

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 02:22

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Nice, I would have 12000 DC then, after duelling 20 times.., I vote no...

Slifers get more points because they are less good.
So it is much harder for them to beat a high rank, that's why they get more.

And it doesn't matter if you understand the current cashing system, as long as you know how to post in luminous, and the admins know how to cash in.

It's way too easy to get much DC in your system.
Also it's not fair for dorms who are less good to get just as much to beat a certain dorm, and get as much DC as if a higher dorm would do that.

Please at least think of a formula instead of just posting unfair high rewards Hmm

Do you get my point? Why don't all the obelisks just retake the test and get slifer so that they can get 120000 DC after dueling 20 times. Slifers won't try to advance ranks because it is so easy for them to get DC. Too easy to get DC in my system? In what ways?

"I am using larger point numbers, just to make an example. So, numbers can be proportionally cut down, just consider my idea." That is directly quoted from my post. Please don't reply, when you haven't even fully read my post.
Back to top Go down
aj6666
aj6666

Female

Number of posts : 822

Miscellaneous
DC: 4855

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 02:58

No ofense, but I think that's messed up, specialy the (4) part. When I beat someone in the obelik blue, I gain 100 DC, but with your new system, I would gain 3.6 times more. In case you didn't noticed, aster doesn't like when ppl get tons of DC like that.

Also Obelisk Vs. Obelisk is higher that Ra Vs. Obelisk and Ra Vs. Ra is higher than Slifer Vs. Ra. That will stay even if you change the numbers, we don't want a complicated credit system.

Also beating a tester is not as hard as you say, some obelisks are better than some testers, but tester know how to test, and thet's why they are testers. I got beaten many times when I was a tester.

Why don't all the obelisks take a test to be on the slifer? Lol cause the obeliks blue dorm is more rated than the slifer red, that's why slifers do advance their dorms.
Back to top Go down
Grace
Heaven's Girl
Heaven's Girl
Grace

Female

Number of posts : 1680

Miscellaneous
DC: 0

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 12:25

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this idea because of the reasons already provided. Hmm

The people in Obelisk aren't stupid nor shallow so they just join Slifer to get more DC, they want to be put in a rank that actually shows their skills.... >.>

I've considered this suggestion, and my final answer is: No.
Back to top Go down
nhant
Tester
Tester
nhant

Male

Number of posts : 114

Miscellaneous
DC: 1055

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 17:47

I think i see what point your trying to get across. Like slifers just want to stay in slifer because they get more dc than any other dorm and they have good dueling skills but dont want to advance. Maybe a could give a solution to this?
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Unforgiven Pretender

Male

Number of posts : 450

Miscellaneous
DC: 2770

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-10, 17:52

nhant wrote:
I think i see what point your trying to get across. Like slifers just want to stay in slifer because they get more dc than any other dorm and they have good dueling skills but dont want to advance. Maybe a could give a solution to this?

The solution is here in another suggestion topic.
The suggestion is take away 90% of someones DC after ranking up.
So Slifers can't use the DC they tried to earn after moving up to Ra.
Back to top Go down
Aster Phoenix
Destiny Keeper
Destiny Keeper
Aster Phoenix

Male

Number of posts : 3970

Miscellaneous
DC: 8545

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty2009-07-11, 00:13

Since Grace has said "no", this suggestion has been rejected. Therefore this topic will be closed.

-Topic Closed-

~Aster Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luminous Duel Arena DC System   Luminous Duel Arena DC System Empty

Back to top Go down

Luminous Duel Arena DC System
Page 1 of 1